WS1088: WS 1088 and TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I have a WS 1088, which does a good job. I am thinking of purchasing a TRX-2 for mobile monitoring. My question is can I upload from my computer the data programmed into my WS 1088 and then download it into a TRX-2, so the information will be the same in both scanners. Can anyone advise if this can be done or not?

troymail

Silent Key
I have a WS 1088, which does a good job. I am thinking of purchasing a TRX-2 for mobile monitoring. My question is can I upload from my computer the data programmed into my WS 1088 and then download it into a TRX-2, so the information will be the same in both scanners. Can anyone advise if this can be done or not?

Yes.

There are different ways to do it but the easiest is probably to use EZ Scan's

File -> Save Current Configuration To Archive

option and then similar "Restore" option on the new radio.

By default, I believe EZ Scan will copy the archive into whatever VFolder you currently have active so you'll want to be careful and create VFolders to match the archive you are restoring. There are a couple of global settings (volume, etc.) that are different between the handheld and mobile/base radios so you'll need to (re)set them also after the restore.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
You could also take a shortcut.

In My Documents, there will be a folder for each scanner with EX Scan that you use. You should have one for the 1088. Once you install the TRX EZ Scan, copy all of the CDAT folder in the 1088 folder to the TRX folder. That should mirror over everything.

There is just one file in each CDAT folder that is different between the scanner models. ISCAN_.GLB.

To be honest, I've never tried copying all of the CDAT folders at once, so I do not know how the TRX EZ Scan will handles the .GLB file. If it messes up, you might have to delete the one from the 1088 and copy in the default for the TRX. I routinely copy over all of the files besides .GLB between different scanner models.

ISCAN_.GLB controls scanner specific settings (i.e. the general settings and advanced settings tabs will need to be set how you like) and the weather information.

Once you get everything synced up, you would choose which EZ Scan to make the "master." Once you make changes to the master, you would copy the CDAT files back to the other scanner CDAT folder.

If you have just 1 v-scanner configuration that you use, Troy's method is best. If you have 100, though, it's faster to copy and paste everything at once.

Feel free to email me for more advanced guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.