ws 1088 color call group issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

I have both a 1080 and a 1088, if I mark the LED a color for a call group, they all flash up blue, on my 1080 there the color there supposed to be, suggestions,

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
1088 color call group

You just edit those in large batches in the EZScan software. You click the bklt/LED column in the Conventional or TRUNKED systems tab. You can change it on the scanner too but that would take forever. Large batch "objects" can be changed the same way you do it for Excel. You score the first line, then press "shift" then click the bottom line of the objects you want to edit and they all are selected. You simply change the top one for the column in the bklt/LED column *see photo* and all will change. OR you can change individual objects instead in that bklt column. There WILL be a significant delay in the changing of all items depending on how many you change at once. You have to be patient while the buggy software deals with batch changes. For additional hex color codes here is a site that gives you fast #000000 hex color codes. I used to use this when dealing with Cascading Style sheets and colors.
http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Swipesy

JohnnyDollar, you be da man! I have looked for a long time for a Hex Chart to allow me more choices than Microsoft offers. Thanks for posting the link.

John

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Color call group

Sure thing. I use GIMP a lot in Linux and color/edit Black and White Photographs. Those hex codes for colors come in handy, it's easier than trying to create your own and get it close. This way you have all the numbers/colors already from december's website.

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
Not to get off topic, but I have a question for you guys. Is there a way to monitor a CON+ system on the WS1088, in which you can monitor all TGS on the system? Like on my uniden 436, I can scan the system and it will get all TGS associated on the system, and I can hit avoid on the 436 to temporarily avoid TGS i wish not to hear. Is there a way to do that on the WS1088? Thanks

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Not to get off topic, but I have a question for you guys. Is there a way to monitor a CON+ system on the WS1088, in which you can monitor all TGS on the system? Like on my uniden 436, I can scan the system and it will get all TGS associated on the system, and I can hit avoid on the 436 to temporarily avoid TGS i wish not to hear. Is there a way to do that on the WS1088? Thanks

Add a wildcard into the talk group.

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I added the wildcard TG. When it picks up a TG not stored in the radio, it just displays, Wildcard TG. Is there a way for it to show the actual unknown TG # instead of showing wildcard?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WS1088 color call group issues

When it's showing "Wildcard" flashing on and off during transmission .... you quickly press "Menu" and it should have listed on top "store wildcard" select THAT and it's stored. Then after pressing "menu" again to resume scanning the next time it shows up, it will alternate "Wildcard" and "the actual number" YOU can also go into "Browse Objects" in the scroll menu and find the scanlist you stored it in. It's normally at the END of that list. I don't have the 1088, but the WS1080. The 1088 has new buttons I don't have so who knows? you might have some short cuts or something that work faster? Also after storing some new talk-groups that way, you can always upload from scanner to EZSCAN form to see what is in the scanner and they will be listed under the Trunked tab for that Site/System for further editing

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.