WS1010 WEATHER ALERT FEATURE PROGRAMMING

MEDCOM518

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has a quick and dirty way to program the Weather Alert feature of the WS1010. The NOAA website says the code for my area is 36001, but the scanner doesn't seems to accept it. Thanks!

palmerjrusa

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has a quick and dirty way to program the Weather Alert feature of the WS1010. The NOAA website says the code for my area is 36001, but the scanner doesn't seems to accept it. Thanks!

Gotta have that leading zero in a 6-digit SAME code.

palmerjrusa

Thanks! Now I just have to find a way to get the radio to accept it. The instructions are cryptic.

I had the same problem as you when first programming SAME codes, why won't it accept the number on a website I found!!

Then I figured out that special zero requirement.

Good luck...

MEDCOM518

Thanks guys, I think that I managed to get it right. Now I just need to save all my pennies and whatnot to get an SDS100 or whatever that fancy Uniden portable is that gets P25 and programs itself. Appreciate the assist!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Thanks guys, I think that I managed to get it right. Now I just need to save all my pennies and whatnot to get an SDS100 or whatever that fancy Uniden portable is that gets P25 and programs itself. Appreciate the assist!

Ar least you’re getting some use out of it. :)

MEDCOM518

Yup, it does get more than I thought it might. Still miss the good old days back in the late '90s when it was simply trunking and 800MHz was the groove. But here I find myself in a P25 world now and I have to catch up.