WS1040 Alert LED Brightness

Status
Not open for further replies.

af79

I just got a WS1040 and really like the colored LED alert feature. However, I like to listen at night while falling asleep and the LED alerts are SO bright they light up the entire room. Is there a way to disable the LED alerts temporarily for all items? Or is there a way to dim the LED brightness? Thanks

djeplett

Do you program your radio by hand or do you use a PC? I use WIN500 and in the software on the opening page you can set the color of the LED. There are three parameters: R, G and B. They control the intensity of the red, green and blue portions of the LED respectively. For instance, I like using R=33, G=00 and B=00 for a red LED warning for fire and EMS. I also use R=00, G=00 and B=55 for a blue LED for police. These settings make the LED dimmer than the default. I like using R=FF, G=FF and B=00 for a yellow LED alert for wildcard talkgroups. Its the most intense yellow LED so it REALLY gets my attention. I believe FF is most intense and 00 is completely off. I imagine its similar in the other programs that are around for the WS1040.

According to Mark's easier to read manual, you press PGM then F3 to get into the Global Settings menu. In that menu there is the option for "Color" and that's where you can set these parameters in the radio. Be sure to hit F1 to save your changes when you are done.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I use WIN500 and in the General Settings Tab there is a drop down box "Alert, Sound, Light, Display Settings". Select Off from the Alert Mode drop-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.