WS1040 Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It is much easier using programming software. I use Butel ARC500. I haven't seen that display. Whistler scanners do not use groups. They have scan lists. If no scan lists are turned on, you get a display saying Nothing enabled! Summerville uses the Palmetto 800 system. You would use the Summerville site and the Dorchester Co talkgroups. You can receive the Dorchester Co sheriff, but Summerville PD is encrypted. Here is the link to the system: Palmetto 800 Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies I see that you are a premium subscriber. Using the software, you can download the programming from the Radio Reference database.

SKaiserling

I never had a problem programming it, even manually. Are you sure you've enabled a scanlist? It should have an asterisk (*) next to the selected scanlist option on every object. You may have gone to a number and not selected one, perhaps?

wucherer

It is much easier using programming software. I use Butel ARC500. I haven't seen that display. Whistler scanners do not use groups. They have scan lists. If no scan lists are turned on, you get a display saying Nothing enabled! Summerville uses the Palmetto 800 system. You would use the Summerville site and the Dorchester Co talkgroups. You can receive the Dorchester Co sheriff, but Summerville PD is encrypted. Here is the link to the system: Palmetto 800 Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies I see that you are a premium subscriber. Using the software, you can download the programming from the Radio Reference database.

Gonna try Butel ARC500. Thanksfor the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.