WS1040 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmoore712015

I am new to this and just bought a WS1040 handheld scanner and was needing to know exactly how to program it. I live in Barren county. any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to do them manually just the easiest way possible. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am new to this and just bought a WS1040 handheld scanner and was needing to know exactly how to program it. I live in Barren county. any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to do them manually just the easiest way possible. Thanks
There are three programs that would work to program your scanner.
ARC500
PSREdit500
and Win500

See this Wiki page for more details:
Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki
All three software packages have a 30 day free trial period, so you can try any or all for a short time & decide which you like best.
Note that some people have experienced issues trying to purchase Win500. They can make their payment online, but are not always getting ab email with the license key, which is required if using beyond the 30 day trial period. The software's author used to be fairly active here on RadioReference, and also responded to complaints or questions. That has not been the case for quite a while, He has not posted on the forums, and inquiries sent through the website are not getting a response.

Wbutler1

If you go to youtube there are videos on the WS1040. That's how I learned. Look fot the video programming a conventional channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.