WS1040 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector46

Can anyone explain what reaction their WS1040 had, after using Alkalines mistakenly in the yellow holder and plugging the radio back in ? Mine receives fine but no lights work ?

Sector46

I know , but since Alkalines were mistakenly placed in yellow holder -- then put back on AC The only thing that works is Receive , Scan , volume and SQ . NO lights work. Im afraid to Clone it as may take it out all together . I Tested the LEDs and they do no light on Global.
I think that scanner may had been few minutes away from total junk , At least It's Still receiving good ??

Sector46

Yes , the entire display works normally but does not do what is entered such as in GLOB show WHITE LED , NOTHING .....Otherwise radio seems to even sound much clearer on Digital P25 than before ?? Kinda weird . I Had a ton of digital scanners in the 80s and 90s but never had any thing like this happen ?/

Sector46

I think the only sensible thing to do is look at Both WS1040s on a computer program , take notes, and see if there is anything different . The Control channel is definitely MUCH Clearer now than before. Before it was EXTREME TREBLE and noisy Difficult to understand , now it sounds clear as analog, which is VERY Strange ? I think something in the radio got fried but saved the Receive side as some kinda safety protection ?

Sector46

YES I CAN . Push 4 and it disappears, push4 again and it reappears. I just hooked up to ARC500 , of course didnt know much of what I was doing ( Never used computer programming previous or had someone else do it ) ) but got a chance to see what talkgroups are on different lists and eliminated alot of CONV lists .

Sector46

Yes works on Batts , NIMH or alkaline and using 1000h mah 9v AC on it now . Just strange , backlight would always come on when turned on , now doesnt , and LEDS would light when talkgroup came on , now they dont , cannot make keypad turn backlight on , this is only one month old , and of course cant find receipt .

Sector46

The dealer you bought it from should have a record.
Bought new on Ebay . I could go back , but way too much hassle as repair people would likely REJECT as it WAs my fault. Just did FULL Clone off other WS1040 that is working correctly and Nothing . Doing the Same thing altho receiving well . My guess is I fried some ant sized diode somewhere inside and repair would want close to $200 to repair it , not really necessary . IT WORKS ....Just no lights anywhere . i like the Dark anyway .. Thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.