WS1040 scanner programmed with PSREdit500

brockbarb

Programmed, pressed scan after rebooted, shows T flashing G S Signal full bars, looks like it is scanning both talk groups but I dont see if stopping at one channel and I dont hear anything but I know there is activity because I can run the scanner app on my phone and hear them

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Standard reply when on these when people can't figure it out.... Not much we can do to help you when we don't know the state, county and what radio system you're referencing. :unsure:
You can also put the programming file on a reply so we can check it out.

brockbarb

Standard reply when on these when people can't figure it out.... Not much we can do to help you when we don't know the state, county and what radio system you're referencing. :unsure:
You can also put the programming file on a reply so we can check it out.
From Clinton County IOWA

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Fortunately for you @brockbarb I checked all 3 sites listed for Clinton County on ISICS and none of them appear to be simulcast. Any scanner listed below should work to bring the system in. Note that any talkgroup ID'ed as mode "TE" (only 4 listed for Clinton County) are fully encrypted and cannot be tracked by any scanner, period. Your county is mostly in the clear (mode "T") so that's good news

Scanner Support for TDMA

The following scanners can decode P25 Phase I, Phase II, and Motorola X2-TDMA systems.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I hope you just purchased it for reasons in #6 and #7, Return it.

At the ISICS link, under DEC column a T means its in the clear, while a TE means its encrypted.

All current Unidens, 325p2, 996p2, home patrol II, 436hp, 536hp, sds 100 & 200 will do phase II and the whistler TRX1 & 2 can also.
325P2 is your least expensive portable option and can be programmed with the FREE program freescan using your premium subscriber account.
Be sure to program in the analog(conventional) frequencies and the digital talkgroups along with all three towers - Dewitt and both Clinton's.

Info here with video how-to's. FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited:

brockbarb

Fortunately for you @brockbarb I checked all 3 sites listed for Clinton County on ISICS and none of them appear to be simulcast. Any scanner listed below should work to bring the system in. Note that any talkgroup ID'ed as mode "TE" (only 4 listed for Clinton County) are fully encrypted and cannot be tracked by any scanner, period. Your county is mostly in the clear (mode "T") so that's good news

Scanner Support for TDMA

The following scanners can decode P25 Phase I, Phase II, and Motorola X2-TDMA systems.
Thank you very much for your help.