WS1040 Suddenly stopped receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

I've had my scratch and dent WS1040 scanning away perfectly for the past few weeks in the same spot as always.

Now, all of a sudden it will not receive anything (including the local NOAA weather channel). My 1065 is programmed identically and its receiving fine.

In addition, the bottom of the display seems stuck on one system (although it won't receive it).

The speaker is good and the squelch works. Just no signal at all.

Pretty sure its still under warranty so that's a good thing.

Anyone else have this happen?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you have your programming saved, try doing a reset:

When you first turn on the scanner and see the welcome screen, you need to press 0, then 1, then ENT to do a full factory reset and wipe the scanner.

Nasby

If you have your programming saved, try doing a reset:

When you first turn on the scanner and see the welcome screen, you need to press 0, then 1, then ENT to do a full factory reset and wipe the scanner.
Tried it. No joy. Thx though.
I think its got to be an issue with the scanner. It won't even receive NOAA via the instant weather button.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Any possibility that the BNC antenna connector was bumped hard or had some kind of abnormal strain on it from a cable? That scanner's mechanical design would sometimes suffer a hairline crack where the center pin of the BNC connector on the circuit board. It's not too

Nasby

Any possibility that the BNC antenna connector was bumped hard or had some kind of abnormal strain on it from a cable? That scanner's mechanical design would sometimes suffer a hairline crack where the center pin of the BNC connector on the circuit board. It's not too
Not that either. It's been a true desk queen. I contacted Whistler Support and they are going to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.