WS1040 Trunking Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have recetly purchased a WS1040, and have been able to get my local EDACS trunking stystem to work, but I went to add my ID's in to just pick up those channles but every time I do it says "Value/Format Err, Go Back?"

Any assistance would be amazing!

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
What is your city, county, and state, and which systems and agencies do you want to monitor? Do you have programming software and cable?
Reno/Sparks nevada, washoe county. I'm trying to get Reno fire, and Sparks fire I dont have the software but I do have a cable

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Reno/Sparks nevada, washoe county. I'm trying to get Reno fire, and Sparks fire I dont have the software but I do have a cable
To add to this, I have set up my thing again so it get all LEO and Fire, and when someone speaks it does say this

*ID: 02-041

is that the TGRP ID? If so, I can't find any that match that on the site, only 401-411

tvengr

Well Known Member
Give this a try and see how it works. Programming is much faster and easier using software. Download and install Butel ARC500 for the free trial period. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and Upload to Scanner (Under Scanner tab). Scan lists as follows:

SCAN LISTS:
1. Reno Fire
2. Reno Police
3. Sparks Fire
4. Sparks Police
5. Highway Patrol

Attachments

• Reno_Sparks NV.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 15

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Give this a try and see how it works. Programming is much faster and easier using software. Download and install Butel ARC500 for the free trial period. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and Upload to Scanner (Under Scanner tab). Scan lists as follows:

SCAN LISTS:
1. Reno Fire
2. Reno Police
3. Sparks Fire
4. Sparks Police
5. Highway Patrol
Thanks so much, this was very very easy and did everything I wanted and more. This can be closed I guess

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
I do have a question to add to this, is there a way to have it search both Trunked and coventaional frequencies at the same time?

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
I have done some checking and programing, and I am unable to get it to work when it comes to conventional and trunked

fredva

Feed Provider
If you are asking if the scanner is capable of SCANNING both conventional and trunked systems at the same time, the answer would be yes. One caveat is that it takes a second or so to scan a trunking site, so there is that little gap where it won't be scanning conventional frequencies. But once it is done checking the trunking site(s), it should move on to checking your conventional frequencies. If you have several trunking systems that you are monitoring, then performance on conventional will be adversely impacted due to the amount of time spent checking trunking systems/sites vs. checking conventional.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
If you are asking if the scanner is capable of SCANNING both conventional and trunked systems at the same time, the answer would be yes. One caveat is that it takes a second or so to scan a trunking site, so there is that little gap where it won't be scanning conventional frequencies. But once it is done checking the trunking site(s), it should move on to checking your conventional frequencies. If you have several trunking systems that you are monitoring, then performance on conventional will be adversely impacted due to the amount of time spent checking trunking systems/sites vs. checking conventional.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up

OpenCarrier

SCAN LISTS:
1. Reno Fire
2. Reno Police
3. Sparks Fire
4. Sparks Police
5. Highway Patrol
Just for kicks I am going to load this into WIN500 to see whatchoo got:p

OpenCarrier

To add to this, I have set up my thing again so it get all LEO and Fire, and when someone speaks it does say this

*ID: 02-041

is that the TGRP ID? If so, I can't find any that match that on the site, only 401-411
That's SCANLIST #-OBJECT#.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
I have one last thing to add/ask. Is there a way I can scan more than 1 repeater on the same stystem? example:

Peavine Peak is the repeater near me, but when I go to calls out east in the valley I wanna scan traffic on Virgina Peak as it's closer. Is there a way to do that without making a 2nd stystem and copying everything over? Can I just add the other frequencies to the same TSYS?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Peavine Peak is the repeater near me, but when I go to calls out east in the valley I wanna scan traffic on Virgina Peak as it's closer. Is there a way to do that without making a 2nd stystem and copying everything over? Can I just add the other frequencies to the same TSYS?
Put the control channel and alternate frequencies for both sites in the frequency list. If Multi-Site is on Roam, the scanner will use the site with the best signal. If Multi-Site is on Stationary, both sites will be scanned.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Put the control channel and alternate frequencies for both sites in the frequency list. If Multi-Site is on Roam, the scanner will use the site with the best signal. If Multi-Site is on Stationary, both sites will be scanned.
ok, sweet. Will test this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.