WS1065 USB Setup Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka0wtk

Premium Subscriber
Hi, trying to get a WS1065 setup, I'm having issues with the USB programming interface, when using the PSREdit500 or Win500 both software packages come back and say no radio detected. The instructions say to go back and get a 4 year old FTDI driver set at version 2.x Windows has installed a version 3 Cypress driver. Does anybody have suggestions for a 2020 setup of this hardware ? Thinking about pulling out an old VMware image and seeing what kind of luck I have.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Using the radio shack 20-546 cable, equivalent to what whistler ships. I plugged it in windows 10 and it installed the correct driver.
In PSR Edit check under 'configuration' and set it for 'direct' works for me or also com port and usb cable selected. Search for port if need be.
I see the 'extra delay' bottom left is selected haven't messed with that.

ka0wtk

Premium Subscriber
Went to a 2nd computer, watched the driver install, ended up being comm 5, tried to upload the scanner again, no luck. Errors out as no radio found. Any thoughts?

ka0wtk

Premium Subscriber
The cable seems to be good, when I try to start the software it says to go out to FTDI and get the drivers, when I start the software I get an error message of Port Exists, no scanner. The FTDI chipset is being helped by Winblows to be identified as a Cypress chip instead of the FTDI, same issue on Windows 10 and Windows 7 thinking I'm in for a PIA of manual programming

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I would in windows after plugging it in, be sure you hear the windows sound. If you dont, maybe the cable is flawed?
Then go into device manager and under Ports right click 'uninstall device'. In mine it says 'USB Serial Port'
Remove and insert the cable be sure to watch if windows is installing the software for it.

Withe cable out, other item to look at is usually you can right click on the antivirus icon in the bottom right(systray)and select disable or so, or you have to open it up and disable it from there. In windows 10 it comes with defender and its what is used here and no issues. Dont need to pay for antivirus for windows 10 since as said comes with defender.
Now once disabled, insert the cable.

You can try calling to see if they have ideas and/or maybe send you a new cable? Scanner Support - 1-866-923-8719

ka0wtk

Premium Subscriber
Issue resolved sorry for not posting back yesterday AM. Long story short, I assumed I had been inserting the cable end fully into the scanner. I then picked the whole scanner up and looked at from the side, and fully inserted the plug, Funny how it works when you fully plug it in

markn455

Premium Subscriber
I have used VMWare Fusion on my iMac for years. Recently, VMWare updated a week or two ago which broke my Windows 10 ability to use the USB port. I found the fix for that and everything worked great again. Then Microworst updated Windblows 10 recently which broke it again. Now I can't update my TRX-1 or my GRE predecessor. Whistler's instructions on loading the unsigned driver worked in the past. Now, nothing. Please Whistler, create a Mac version and/or get the drivers updated and signed so we don't have to do the workaround on a "modern" Windblows 10 operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.