ws1080 digital the longer they talk the clearer it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
on my digital channels if they do a quick 4 to 5 second transmission it sounds like im getting 1/2 of every word but the longer they talk it all becomes clear . Do I have a setting wrong on my scanner ??

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

Guess it needs to run a little to figure out the systems,when I first started it was having trouble with Montclair,NJ now its working fine.Go figure.
May also have to do with where in the room you are,you could be getting a bigger signal in one part of the room,so it would decode better there.
On 700mhz this thing is very touchy,move it an inch and its night or day.

scannerbuff999

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
no that is the way all of the P25 scanner work the BCD436 and ws1080 it takes a wail for the precess er
to catch p with the vocie

caravanken

I have a Pro-197 that just would not work on the supplied whip antenna. I bought the RS 800mHz rubber duckey and it worked a little better. Then I bought the center loaded RS antenna and about the same as the duckey. Then I put up a RS discone mounted 35' up on my tower with mini-8x and pl259 connectors. Now the 197 has outstanding receive and more importantly great audio. Solid with no breaking up. I am all but convinced that 95%+ of receive problems with a digital scanner is all about the antenna and coax.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WS1080 Digital the longer they talk the clearer it gets

Maybe THIS is where the DSP level adapt can help? I have mine at 70 right now instead of the default 64. "Menu/settings/scroll UP to DSP level adapt on the scanner and use the up/down/left/right arrows to increase it. I read in the manual that DSP level adapt adjusts to varying P25 levels, higher values = faster rates. A higher rate instead of lower than 16 like some have talked about might help. I like where mine is right now, seems very fast on the draw but then again my system is all around me, not far away.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Maybe THIS is where the DSP level adapt can help? I have mine at 70 right now instead of the default 64. "Menu/settings/scroll UP to DSP level adapt on the scanner and use the up/down/left/right arrows to increase it. I read in the manual that DSP level adapt adjusts to varying P25 levels, higher values = faster rates. A higher rate instead of lower than 16 like some have talked about might help. I like where mine is right now, seems very fast on the draw but then again my system is all around me, not far away.

Correct. The DSP level adjustment will vary by location and user needs. Right now, where I am located, 16 is the very best. However, if I go out into mid west PA, I need to adjust the setting.

You just need to keep adjusting till you find a happy place.

W3ETC

Audio Quality PSR500

Is there a similiar setting for the PSR500 that could be adjusted ? The audio is very garbled on one system and it unfortunately happens to be the local system. The system by the way is a Motorola Type II SmartZone with Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

Thanks

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.