• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

WS1080 DMR Question

Air11

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a WS1080. I am aware it does dmr but will it support dmr trunking such as MOTOTRBO CAP+ CON+ etc..

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Air11 - I have a Pro-668 (WS 1080), its a good scanner, but DMR does NOT work out of the Box unless Moded by Whistler with a Paid Legacy Upgrade. this will also, grant you the use of the TRX version of EZ scan for Programming your Scanner.
and NO, Whistler scanner DO NOT Support DMR Trunking , Mototrbo CAP+ CON +. it Does however Support LTR Trunking , Analog Trunking and P25 Trunking. However, you can still MONITOR DMR Trunking by Scanning Manually and it Will NOT Follow Conversations. but, you can Rescan the Scanlist, by Only Programming one DMR System per Scanlist and locking out all others, that are NOT the Target System.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Some of that is incorrect, The ws1080 does dmr, no upgrade needed, no whistler truly trunk tracks DMR or NXDN for that matter, they do receive it fine YMMV.

The Radio Shack Pro-668 when you have the legacy upgrade done via whistler, makes it a Whistler WS1080 in a pro-668 body, it then uses EZSCAN for the WS1080 NOT for the TRX models.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I don't even think the uniden scanners trunk track DMR.
My Unidens Trunktrack DMR and NXDN just fine after you enter the LCN's. The Whistlers Scan the Voice channels for trunking traffic. This information was posted by the software and firmware writer for Whistler.