WS1080 DMR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a WS1080. I am aware it does dmr but will it support dmr trunking such as MOTOTRBO CAP+ CON+ etc..

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Air11 - I have a Pro-668 (WS 1080), its a good scanner, but DMR does NOT work out of the Box unless Moded by Whistler with a Paid Legacy Upgrade. this will also, grant you the use of the TRX version of EZ scan for Programming your Scanner.
and NO, Whistler scanner DO NOT Support DMR Trunking , Mototrbo CAP+ CON +. it Does however Support LTR Trunking , Analog Trunking and P25 Trunking. However, you can still MONITOR DMR Trunking by Scanning Manually and it Will NOT Follow Conversations. but, you can Rescan the Scanlist, by Only Programming one DMR System per Scanlist and locking out all others, that are NOT the Target System.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Some of that is incorrect, The ws1080 does dmr, no upgrade needed, no whistler truly trunk tracks DMR or NXDN for that matter, they do receive it fine YMMV.

The Radio Shack Pro-668 when you have the legacy upgrade done via whistler, makes it a Whistler WS1080 in a pro-668 body, it then uses EZSCAN for the WS1080 NOT for the TRX models.

Status
Not open for further replies.