WS1095 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesgs

The radio seems to have gone deaf all of a sudden. I can hear the weather fine though. Have set the radio to defaults and still nothing. Checked the antenna and of course its OK. What am I missing here? When I hit the "set to defaults" button it beeps once and I save the changes and checked and they are back to defaults but still no signals. Any suggestions? Have updated the RR db and such .

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The radio seems to have gone deaf all of a sudden. I can hear the weather fine though. Have set the radio to defaults and still nothing. Checked the antenna and of course its OK. What am I missing here? When I hit the "set to defaults" button it beeps once and I save the changes and checked and they are back to defaults but still no signals. Any suggestions? Have updated the RR db and such .
What are you trying listen to? The fact that you pick up the NWS proves that the scanner works, so it must be programming issue.

Sent using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

My 1095 did that at one point. Formatted the SD card and did a reload and all was good. I have no idea how it managed to still hear WXK72 but be deaf to the other conventional and trunked stuff I monitor.

Not a "scientific" answer but worth a try, maybe?

scosgt

I just returned one. Same issue. Just deaf.
I was about to return the 1098 I bought at the same time, but it has suddenly come to life. No idea what I did to make that happen

scosgt

Try enabling just one system at a time. You may hit a point where it just stops working. That means there is an issue with the last scanlist you just enabled. I think that there is a situation where the radio is stopping internally on a channel but not opening squelch and not scanning.

danesgs

Good point

Try enabling just one system at a time. You may hit a point where it just stops working. That means there is an issue with the last scanlist you just enabled. I think that there is a situation where the radio is stopping internally on a channel but not opening squelch and not scanning.

I had a XO in a generals office call me all frantic once cause he needed a brief printed for his boss and the damn thing hung after page 3. Turned out a series of embedded graphics hosed the whole PowerPoint slides on the 4th page. Once the graphics were removed the rest of it printed. Never forgot that little incident. That may be it. Nothing surprises me anymore. I will let everyone know what it turns out to be if I ever get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.