WS1098 Audio Cuts out with Priority Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

map_guy

I enabled priority mode on my Whistler WS1098 and it sounded different. It took me a while to figure it out, but I narrowed it down to the scanner checking the priority channels.

The audio seemed to cut out momentarily to check the priority channels, when I disabled priority channels it sounded normal again. Is this normal?

Are there any work arounds?

I only have oner scanner, when something happens, I'd like to quickly turn the priority mode on the channel, but then I'd still have to change the Priority search mode and have it restart.

Am I missing a way to do this quickly w/o have priority enabled and messing with the audio?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Audio cut out-Priority

How odd. I have 3 Priority "talkgroup objects" for FIRE and while I'm listening to something else the scanner has never done that intermittent audio cut. The Priority still works fine and dandy too when something does come on one of those FIRE talkgroups, cuts in when it's supposed to.
IT DOES cut out and interfere when I have a Weather channel from NOAA listed as a Priority. I never have those set on Priority, all those are set to OFF

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
On a conventional frequency .. it would cut out.

This is easily tested .. change your priority interval time and you will see that the cutting out is less often as it does a check less often.

Status
Not open for further replies.