WS1098 - how to set Stationary or Roam?

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
I have searched on the Mark's Scanners site, but he doesn't say how to set the WS1098 to either Stationary or Roam. Also is there a secret menu on the WS1098 that you get to by pushing the FN key, like the 1065/197's have? ... I was able to lower my Hi & Lo Thresholds to try to get it to scan all 3 sites I can receive here and is that all you have to do? And if so, what are good threshold settings. I have mine now set to 55 Lo & 80 Hi ... I got this scanner off of eBay recently and I have several 1065/197's, in fact I cloned the ws1098 from my ws1040 using EZ-scan. But the ws1098 is different enough from those to still have a learning curve in the menus.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Stationary is not available on the WS1098. Each system will scan only the site with the best signal. If you want to scan multiple sites, set up multiple systems with each one using a different site. Include all of the talkgroups in each system. Assign all of the talkgroups in each system to a different scan list or lists. You will be able to select the site or sites you wish to scan by selecting scan lists.

Last edited:

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
You will be able to select the sites you wish to scan by selecting scan lists.
@tvengr, I'm not going to go to all that, since I cloned the ws1098 from my ws1040. But I was able to get my ws1098 to scan a 2nd site in my area by lowering my LO Signal Threshhold from default of 75 down to 55. So thanks for telling me there is no Stationary & Roam setting on the ws1098, though.

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
It is very simple to duplicate systems using the EZ-Scan software.
@tvengr Ok, so in EZ-Scan, I pulled the scan list out of my WS1098 (that I cloned from my WS1040) Back into EZ-Scan. So now in EZ-Scan I have duplicated that system 3 times (for a total of 4 systems. I have renamed each system to their real site name & removed all the CCs except for the ones that correspond with their site name. ..... Now my question, how do I assign these 4 systems to a scan list?

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you duplicated the system, all of the talkgroups will be in each system. You just need to click on the Talkgroup Details tab and then click on each system to view the talkgroups. Restore Up the page to full screen to be able to see the Scanlists column. For each system, click on the first talkgroup in the Scanlists column and do a CTRL-A to highlight all of the talkgroups. Right click on any of the talkgroups in the Scanlists column and the Select Scanlists box will pop up. Click on All Off. Enable the Scanlist you want to use for that system (site). Click on Set. All of the talkgroups will be changed to that scanlist. Do that for all of the systems using a different scanlist for each system (site). Each time you select a scan list, the site associated with that system will be scanned. You can select one or any combination of sites to scan.

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
OOPS! That is an error. You click on any of the talkgroups in the Scanlists column, not right click.
Yeah, all my sites went into the the default scan list (scan list 1) which is what I wanted. And I can see the scanner rocking & rolling through all my site's CCs (4 in total), in the "Whistler Scanner Control" program by looking at the frequency box. ... But I think I get your instructions on putting sites in a diff scan list. In case I want to make a couple of local sites with TGs of less interest and put them in a scan list I can turn off or on.
Thanks for all your help & pointing out that EZ-Scan is designed for making separate sites from a base template, since my finding out that all Whistler scanners since at least the 1095 require that.

Last edited: