WS1095: Ws1098 scanlist names

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8WCL

Hi,

On my WS1098 I have a bunch of scanlists, that I modified, with names other than "Scanlist ##". When I go into scan mode the SCANLIST ## is displayed as the scanlists are scanned instead of the edited name. (IE Scanlist 156 shows up instead of "Fire Disp".

Doesn't do this on my TRX-1. Don't see any parameter wrong in the software.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bill ....W8WCL

W3DMV

From main menu
Arrow down to "scanlist"
Right arrow to select
Arrow down to find the label name
Right arrow on the name
Change name
Select ok......

W8WCL

Updated the programming software today. (Just released today) This might have broke something like the "Set Location" function. The software shows the edited scanlist name but shows up as "Scanlist XX" when it gets written to the radio.

W8WCL

Thanks for the reply. What you are saying is true if I want to set each one thru the scanner manually. It should be picking this up from the software. It did before I updated the programming software today.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
FWIW, I'm having the same problem with my TRX-2 after updating EZ-Scan today. I updated the CPU, DSP and Library as well. The scanner actually holds my custom Scanlist tags and works OK until I go into the menus for some reason, then it crap$ the bed. Scan list names are changed to be generic, same as yours, but also I will get an error screen I can't recover from. The radio becomes a brick. I tried re-formatting the card but, the problem comes right back. Something is up somewhere with today's updates, but it seems not everyone is affected.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Scanlist Names

Yes, the new update has messed up something. Seeing this in other posts. Maybe they jumped the gun on the NXDN Update?

W8WCL

..... also not able to update the firmware after the last programming software update. The software sees the SD card but does not see the radio.

W8WCL

WS1098 Scanlist Names

Going back to the old programming software and old archive code plug did not work either. Something happened to the radio that probably needs to be fixed in the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.