WS1098

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerpro

Good Evening,
I just purchased a WS1098 from the scratch and dent off the Whistler website. I also purchased a different antenna with a higher DBi for receiving.
What is everyone's experience with it and thoughts?
Thank you.

scannerpro

Just got mine today and really like it so far. Using stock antenna.

Did you get it from the scratch and dent website to?
I am looking to use it for Johnston County, NC (since I'm close by they are on phase 2).
I see you are in the Wake County area. I'm down in Holly Springs. My order should be here Monday with the new antenna coming Tuesday.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, mine was a scratch and dent. I'm in Raleigh and have always had good luck picking up Johnston Co on my TRX 1 when down in the area, but can not get them when at home near downtown Raleigh.

You can download the EZ Scan software ahead of time and start looking at it or programming the configuration for when the scanner arrives. You can also download the manual from the Whistler website. When mine arrived I updated the firmware and DSP and loaded the newest database library and configuration to the SD card, up and running in about 30 minutes.

scannerpro

I am looking at using a large antenna for 800 MHz. Such as a yagi or directional antenna with a BNC connector which can go into the WS1098.
On my TRX-1 with Remtronics it does not pick up here well at all.

Thanks for posting your review ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.