WSP 700 Where did they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad7th

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody noticed that the 700Mhz control channels are not active for King Co or Pierce Co. on the WSP Trunk system. Not picking up the control channel.
Where did they go? I hear them on Conventional.

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
They may still be changing stuff around as part of the cut-over to the new core in Quincy. Yesterday in District 6, which is normally analog, it was all digital all day, another post said there's more activity on the JIWN... not sure whats going on. I remember someone awhile back saying a new system ID was in the works but it was very vague and may have been in regards to the WSDOT P25 Phase 2 system being built... who knows.

jparks29

John McClane
I remember someone awhile back saying a new system ID was in the works

That was me, and yes, there is.... according to the work sheets...

"On January 27, 2020, the Washington State Patrol’s Land Mobile Radio System Upgrade Project (LMRSUP) launched cutover to the Quincy state data center, established the interconnect with the FBI’s core radio system, and cutover the NICE logger system to the new core and district servers. The project is troubleshooting bugs and defects in coordination with Motorola and the FBI. Cutover is anticipated to be complete by Wednesday, February 5, 2020 "

dag3853

Can anyone help me with the WSP channels for Whitman County? I know they are dispatched out of Spokane. I have a digital scanner and I can hear them in Spokane, but that's not my area.

Thanks,

code3kid

Can anyone help me with the WSP channels for Whitman County? I know they are dispatched out of Spokane. I have a digital scanner and I can hear them in Spokane, but that's not my area.

Thanks,
Try 154.845 NAC: D40, 158.790 NAC: D30, and 155.520 NAC: D30.

Muffin

I like to use NAC-FE7 which is an "all calls" NAC assignment. That way if they are on ANY NAC on a particular frequency you won't miss the conversation if you are unaware of the NAC code. For example: Channel 1 may be 155.550 NAC-D70 and channel 2 might be 155.550 NAC-D50. By programming 155.550 with NAC-FE7 you won't need to program two different NAC ID's to hear all the chatter on the frequency. Some adjoining areas use the same frequency on a different NAC but this way you hear it all. :)

code3kid

I like to use NAC-FE7 which is an "all calls" NAC assignment. That way if they are on ANY NAC on a particular frequency you won't miss the conversation if you are unaware of the NAC code. For example: Channel 1 may be 155.550 NAC-D70 and channel 2 might be 155.550 NAC-D50. By programming 155.550 with NAC-FE7 you won't need to program two different NAC ID's to hear all the chatter on the frequency. Some adjoining areas use the same frequency on a different NAC but this way you hear it all. :)
F7E*

Muffin

Interesting...I have a RS Pro-668 with software upgrade (Whistler 1080) and haven't had any issues with using the NAC-F7E tone. Works like a charm on my scanner.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Has anyone in the metro area heard ANY WSP 700 lately?

Okay so this took some patience.

WSP700 is working fine; however, since they have since modified the sites... you will likely have to reprogram you scanners! Fun fun fun! The band plan for the old 715 system is likely still stuck in your scanner.

When I looked at SDR# and DSD+ there was plenty of traffic on WSP700 Site 201. I then turned on my 996P2 and 325P2. No voice traffic! Wasn't even seeing the TGIDs appear...

My SDS100 was working fine but I had recently wiped it and reprogrammed. The band plan hadn't been written yet for that site.

In my 325P2 and 996P2 I had a single IWN bank -- which had the VHF sites and the 700 Mhz sites. This will still work; however you will need to wipe and reprogram your scanners in order for the newest band plan to take hold.

Master Bunnery Sgt. CParris suggested that the new band plan may (eventually) update in our scanners -- but after leaving my scanner on for at least 15 minutes -- it had not refreshed the band plan. Perhaps it would update after 24 hours..?

I tested my theory by making a new system and entering in the 201 site info. Sure enough there was still no traffic coming through (despite seeing it on DSD+) -- but suddenly, after 3 minutes or so, I had voice traffic once again. With my 325P2, it was even quicker.

So get out there and reprogram your scanners... since we have nothing better to do.

+==SARCASTIC==+

freqseeker

Okay so this took some patience.

WSP700 is working fine; however, since they have since modified the sites... you will likely have to reprogram you scanners! Fun fun fun! The band plan for the old 715 system is likely still stuck in your scanner.

When I looked at SDR# and DSD+ there was plenty of traffic on WSP700 Site 201. I then turned on my 996P2 and 325P2. No voice traffic! Wasn't even seeing the TGIDs appear...

My SDS100 was working fine but I had recently wiped it and reprogrammed. The band plan hadn't been written yet for that site.

In my 325P2 and 996P2 I had a single IWN bank -- which had the VHF sites and the 700 Mhz sites. This will still work; however you will need to wipe and reprogram your scanners in order for the newest band plan to take hold.

Master Bunnery Sgt. CParris suggested that the new band plan may (eventually) update in our scanners -- but after leaving my scanner on for at least 15 minutes -- it had not refreshed the band plan. Perhaps it would update after 24 hours..?

I tested my theory by making a new system and entering in the 201 site info. Sure enough there was still no traffic coming through (despite seeing it on DSD+) -- but suddenly, after 3 minutes or so, I had voice traffic once again. With my 325P2, it was even quicker.

So get out there and reprogram your scanners... since we have nothing better to do.

+==SARCASTIC==+
I figured there may have been a programming problem. I created another separate favorite list for King simulcast and started receiving traffic again. I let it log overnight and confirmed it is working. I had no idea about the change in band plan. Thank you for that information.

Interesting thing I noticed before creating the new list was that if I manually held on a talkgroup I could hear it sometimes but not always comparing side by side with VHF. The original programming did not work at all while using ID Scan or ID Search. This still doesn't make a lot of sense.
I will start from scratch. I thought it could be a corrupt sd card, but it was happening with my BCD536 and my new SDS200.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Just to be clear, there's probably nothing to 'reprogram' in your scanner -- it's just a clearing or refreshing of the scanner so that it will be forced to update the band plans.

jparks29

John McClane
The codeplug Motorola made sucked, and they're having roaming issues. The fix so far is troopers to operate in conventional mode, in D1, D2, D7 and D8.

Quote from the PSR.....

The trunking system is currently not reliable, available, or have the capacity necessary to conduct day-to-day trooper operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.