WSP Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Kind of looks like a 19 inch 1/4 wave VHF on a lip bracket. I increased the size of the image in PhotoShop and made that area more visible. Perhaps Stateboy can advise actual connection. My company never installed antennas in that location after 1991 because most ignition computers were not fully shielded and could be affected to some degree by high RF fields. That may not be the case these days, however - been out of the business for several years, now, and computers may not be as susceptible.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Based on the new way that Madison has been installing things, that fender antenna should be for the vehicular repeater. It normally goes on the right rear fender, which this car doesn't have.

The other 4 antennae on the roof are sticks for voice (1x) data (2x) and AVL (GPS puck). The glass mount is a CB antenna, but I've unsure of who makes it (I've not seen one of that design).

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
biglaz said:
What does one do with a "Recruiting Team" vehicle? You use it for "tryouts"? ;-)

Um.... :)

Without talking to the vehicle's assigned driver, I can't say for sure but I'm guessing it's a PR tool.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
That glass mount loaded CB antenna looks like it might be one of the models from Valor Industries. They work Ok, but even a center loaded mag mount will out perform them. Troopers that I have spoken with around District 3 over the years rarely turn on the CB radios. Too many other things going on in the cruisers to have to listen to that noise as well. The Motor Carrier Inspectors seem to use them more often...

Status
Not open for further replies.