WSP King County P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IssaquahMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I have been able to listen for a while to WSP on the P2 700 frequencies and I've noticed that it has gone silent ?
Any information?
Using P2 Uniden

code3kid

KC is phase 1, monitoring right now on XTS5000 and working perfectly....

WSP King county is phase 1 on the old conventional freqs and the JIWN system but are also simulcasting phase 2 on the WSPDOT system. It's user preference on which of the 3 systems you want to monitor but you're gona hear the same traffic on all 3.

jparks29

John McClane
WSP King county is phase 1 on the old conventional freqs and the JIWN system but are also simulcasting phase 2 on the WSPDOT system. It's user preference on which of the 3 systems you want to monitor but you're gona hear the same traffic on all 3.

They're mostly phase 1 on 700 as well..... Tacoma area is mixed phase 1 and 2....

I can tell you that while the goal may have been multicast, there are plenty of times where audio is not relayed to one site or another, I've had multiple receivers going, both tracking the trunked systems. and conventional, and I'll see/hear a call on 700 that's not multicast to VHF, or a call on VHF that makes its way to 700 but not IWN...and every combination of the 3....

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
We can probably (with Steve's permission) cease to call it WSPDOT since the WSDOT has sent out their RFP for their upgrade to 700mhz phase-2 now.

code3kid

They're mostly phase 1 on 700 as well..... Tacoma area is mixed phase 1 and 2....

I can tell you that while the goal may have been multicast, there are plenty of times where audio is not relayed to one site or another, I've had multiple receivers going, both tracking the trunked systems. and conventional, and I'll see/hear a call on 700 that's not multicast to VHF, or a call on VHF that makes its way to 700 but not IWN...and every combination of the 3....

Oh....nevermind then. Thanks for the info haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.