WSP on 155.070?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmfok7

To anyone who lives in the Columbia Basin area. I was on my way back from Spokane and listening to WSP. I have put a bunch of miscellaneous WSP freqs in the scanner just to see what comes up and one of those is 155.070. Today between Ritzville and Moses Lake, I heard traffic on this freq by what I am about positive was a WSP dispatcher however, I never heard a ID on the transmitter location. I have the scanner set for CTCSS search and it came up with a tone of 123.0 which is the tone of choice for District 6!

I could only hear the dispatcher and not the unit and it sounded as though it was just Simplex and not a Repeater output. It also sounded alittle 'off in the distance'! I didn't hear anything, that corresponded to the traffic, on any of the different District 6 Area frequencies (Okanogan, Wenatchee, Ephrata et al) to correspond with what I heard.

Anyone out there in the area have any info or ideas on this?

One other quick note here.... I checked the FCC Database and it only shows this freq being used by the State in Clark County!

Last edited:

kellykeeton

you ever check out intercept northwest? Recently I just started a large thread on the issue. I dont try to figure it out anymore, I just put all 30 frequency's into a bank and listen to whats there. :)

as for the FCC allotment that correct they have a bunch and that is also the WSP in clark. there isnt anything too wacky other then the random use of frequency all over the state.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Don't know about this year, but last July 29th, 155.070 (pl 123.0) was Chelan County Sheriff's input to their Blag Mountain repeater, with an output on 155.625.

tmfok7

Don't know about this year, but last July 29th, 155.070 (pl 123.0) was Chelan County Sheriff's input to their Blag Mountain repeater, with an output on 155.625.

Maybe I was listening in the wrong area! At the time, I had locked out my bank of Sheriff/PD freqs I have programmed in! It was probably just a WSP trained dispatcher now working for Chelan Co.! I must have just been in the right area when I received it because I didn't hear it anymore west of Moses Lake!

you ever check out intercept northwest? Recently I just started a large thread on the issue. I dont try to figure it out anymore, I just put all 30 frequency's into a bank and listen to whats there.
as for the FCC allotment that correct they have a bunch and that is also the WSP in clark. there isnt anything too wacky other then the random use of frequency all over the state.

Kelly..I looked at Intercept but apparently didn't go back far enough. I do the same thing and have them divided into Eastern WA and Western WA. I just like to know where they are at!...:)

tmfok7

here was the thread, your comment where are they at? yea im lost there still.

I have a bank with district 1-7 and the tag for the station ID, I have been north and south and east and seems like I cant ever figure out why KingCounty will have disp. data in spokane (just using a example not being specific)

http://www.northwestradio.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2256

Kelly.... I did see that thread cuz... I commented in it! I thought you were talking about something else frequency specific!....When I heard the traffic that day, the dispatcher just sounded so much like a WSP dispatcher (Announcer..:D) and with the 123.0 tone, I just keyed in on that! Anyway, it is probably what Brett said and just a Chelan County S.O. dispatcher I heard.

By the way..... What do you mean about: "I cant ever figure out why KingCounty will have disp. data in spokane (just using a example not being specific)"

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.