WSP on Justice Integrated Wireless Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Morning All,

I'm planning a trip during my time off out to the Stevens Pass area. I noticed that there are WSP talkgroups listed on the Justice Integrated Wireless Network, including WSP Districts 2 and 6 which cover the areas of my interest. Are these actually used at all? Are they a simulcast?

Or are D2 and D6 still only on the new WSP Phase 2 System and Conventional P25 respectively?

Thanks in advance!

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I hear traffic on all 3.....
Majority of the local (D2) traffic is on the WSP 700 system.
But, I hear conventional as well.
Not alot of local JWIN traffic.

I get JWIN traffic (where I am at / N end of the lake)) from Gold Mt, so I'm hearing D1 and D8

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I hear traffic on all 3.....
Majority of the local (D2) traffic is on the WSP 700 system.
But, I hear conventional as well.
Not alot of local JWIN traffic.

I get JWIN traffic (where I am at / N end of the lake)) from Gold Mt, so I'm hearing D1 and D8

Thanks Nessnet. I'm going to be out between Gold Bar and Merritt, with quite a bit of time at Cascade Summit in Berne so that information helps a lot.

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
When is your trip? I believe they are cutting over to their new system next Thursday, 2/6. I don't believe the system is fully built out in the RR database. Living in district 6 they are still on analog conventional, with sporadic use of the IWN simultaneously, but that was probably just for testing digital signal prior to the switchover coming up (just speculation). I'm not sure what other district was remaining on analog with 6 but they were the last two statewide to be left analog, but again I think that is going to change next Thursday.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
When is your trip? I believe they are cutting over to their new system next Thursday, 2/6. I don't believe the system is fully built out in the RR database. Living in district 6 they are still on analog conventional, with sporadic use of the IWN simultaneously, but that was probably just for testing digital signal prior to the switchover coming up (just speculation). I'm not sure what other district was remaining on analog with 6 but they were the last two statewide to be left analog, but again I think that is going to change next Thursday.

Planning for the middle of next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.