WSU "Campus Channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwmcallister

Hello Everyone, Based on my limited experience, I believe that Weber State PD (20A units) are dispatched via Weber South (TGID 6048) overnight. In the mornings dispatch comes on and advises the 20A units to “Switch to Campus Channel”. After that I do not hear any 20A traffic on the TGIDs I have programmed in to the scanner. Can anyone help me understand if this is a new UCAN TGID on 7202 (and what is it) or is this a switch to a totally different system (not UCAN) altogether? Let me know if/when you know. Thanks Lee

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber

Also Morgan Co and UHP have been moved to 6080 from 6016
So all Weber Co Sheriff traffic is now on one channel instead of 3

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I don't normally monitor that far North, from my position. I do show TG 6144 as WSU PD-03, and TG 6080 as Weber Co SO LAW-06-North, UHP & Morgan Co. The only traffic I "see" for TG6144, is data bursts. Sorta like a monitoring system sending status updates.

lwmcallister

I don't normally monitor that far North, from my position. I do show TG 6144 as WSU PD-03, and TG 6080 as Weber Co SO LAW-06-North, UHP & Morgan Co. The only traffic I "see" for TG6144, is data bursts. Sorta like a monitoring system sending status updates.
Thanks...yep, seems a bit strange to be their daytime dispatch channel...I'll keep trying.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing them on 6144 for at least 3 years. My UniTruker has racked up over 117,000 hits on 6144 since 2017. Just caught 20A5 with dispatch at 12:45 today as I am writing this.

lwmcallister

Awesome...was getting hits with no voice (up to this point, thinking data hits), but just heard that as well so I think we are cool...just need a bit a patience (not my strong suit, haha). I usually have the scanners on over night so rarely listen during the day. Just wanted to make sure I had the TGID in the scanner. Thanks so much! Lee

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
OH wow this thread brought back some memories.
I went to WSU in the late 90s and would monitor WSU campus police. I remember them switching to the county channel at night.
And i think going off memory one of the officers i knew, i think Brent Butler was 20A8. But that was a while back.
Back in the good ole reliable VHF days.

lwmcallister

It's interesting, I probably was hearing them for a bit but the thing that threw me was that, for valid reasons, they only use their abbreviated call sign (sans, 20A). Different from at night, but I totally get it. Just had to watch closer and lock in the TGID and listen only to that one for a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.