WTF Uniden! Why no Firmware Updates šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
You posted a very similar thread just a few days ago.

Is there something youā€™re looking to be fixed or added that you lack?

Thereā€™s also a lot of threads on here that are similar in nature and have common answers.

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
x36HP & SDS100

they used to have a weekly firmware beta release and semi regular prod release

constantly fixing bugs, improving reception/decode, etc

but no more. Y? The great product support was a big reason Iā€™ve invested thousands into their products šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
You posted a very similar thread just a few days ago.

Is there something youā€™re looking to be fixed or added that you lack?

Thereā€™s also a lot of threads on here that are similar in nature and have common answers.
Haha I couldve swore I posted it, but couldnā€™t find it. So I thought I didnā€™t submit or something. Dā€™oh!

fxdscon

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Premium Subscriber
Haha I couldve swore I posted it, but couldnā€™t find it. So I thought I didnā€™t submit or something. Dā€™oh!

Contact Uniden support directly, as suggested in your other thread about this, they are the only ones that can answer your question.

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
if you buy a radio, it is because you like it, not for what it might become.
this is not universally true. I was comfortable spending money and investing in Uniden because of the level of support they provided. Now its radio silence

when you buy a computer or phone you expect Microsoft/Apple to provide updates, fix problems, etc... radios are no different

daddyjohn

It appears that a lot of the research, development, and personal support died when Paul died. It's obvious now that everything stopped when he died. They still honor the warranty which is good. We were definitely spoiled with all of Paul's personal support and passion for the hobby.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
This is exactly why there are no updates. Very sad day first for Paulā€™s family and friends, but second for the scanning community.
It appears that a lot of the research, development, and personal support died when Paul died. It's obvious now that everything stopped when he died. They still honor the warranty which is good. We were definitely spoiled with all of Paul's personal support and passion for the hobby.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you want a product that is current and supported I would go with the p25rx. The developer listens to his customers and is updating regularly. I Iike my unidens and my gre's but updates are a thing of the past with them. Half the cost, (at least) double the support.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I suppose the big question is "What BUGS are there that need fixing?"

I haven't see a lot of posts saying "This doesn't work" or "That doesn't work."

Now the radio might not do everything you hope it will or you may feel there is a need for improvements, but those things don't mean there is a problem. Also it is possible you are a new user still in the learning curve and haven't figured everything out, but will as time goes along.

kinglou0

this is not universally true. I was comfortable spending money and investing in Uniden because of the level of support they provided. Now its radio silence

when you buy a computer or phone you expect Microsoft/Apple to provide updates, fix problems, etc... radios are no different

Uniden as I stated above doesn't give a damn. This has been known for years given their sloppy engineering, manufacturing and after market support but again, Who is selling a comparable product at the price range a SDS retails for? No one. Whistler has largely given up and exists for whatever reasons someone can cook up. Times were good when Paul was still with us/Uniden. The listening community had the ear of someone who could actually make things happen.

Someone else already said it. Buy the scanner for what it does now, not what you want it to do in the future. A SDS100/200 is perfectly fine compromise for people looking to keep things simple/save money/whatever. No matter how much I want it and what I'll do to get it, ICOM will NEVER add DMR to their receivers. Doesn't stop me from owning them.

When you introduced Apple & Microsoft into your argument, you killed it. At least a billion people, if not more, use Apple & Microsoft products. If you had 10 million angry people threatening to boycott your products, you'd move fast. Get back to me when Uniden sells 10 million, let alone 1 million scanners over the lifespan of the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.