WTH is this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

Why would a db admin allow this?
A three-county electric coop is a state agency?
This is a repeater input but its listed as an output with no input?
WTH?

Maybe it's been changed, but I didn't see it listed under state agencies. It's listed in the drop-down box underneath the 'state agencies' drop-down box.

As far as the repeater input freq, I see that also. It could be a talk-around channel on a different DCS tone than the repeater input. 🤷‍♂️ The DB Admins can only go on the information they are given.

If the submitter didn't know it was a repeater input, and could hear both units talking, it would appear to them to be a simplex channel. Albeit, whoever found the callsign/license should've been able to look at it and see this freq is a repeat input, and then more dialogue may have happened between the submitter and DB admin.

900mhz

Maybe it's been changed, but I didn't see it listed under state agencies. It's listed in the drop-down box underneath the 'state agencies' drop-down box.

As far as the repeater input freq, I see that also. It could be a talk-around channel on a different DCS tone than the repeater input. 🤷‍♂️ The DB Admins can only go on the information they are given.

If the submitter didn't know it was a repeater input, and could hear both units talking, it would appear to them to be a simplex channel. Albeit, whoever found the callsign/license should've been able to look at it and see this freq is a repeat input, and then more dialogue may have happened between the submitter and DB admin.
A look at the assigned call sign WQSU904 puts things in the proper perspective. All 450-470 MHz repeater communication is done with the input 5 MHz higher than the output. Generally, talkaround is done on the repeater output frequency. In this case, the license clearly does not show mobiles licensed to talk on the output, just the repeater input frequencies for the 2 listed repeaters.
Technically speaking, following the license, mobile to mobile communication must be through the repeater only, as direct communication between mobiles is not licensed.

nd5y

A look at the assigned call sign WQSU904 puts things in the proper perspective. All 450-470 MHz repeater communication is done with the input 5 MHz higher than the output. Generally, talkaround is done on the repeater output frequency. In this case, the license clearly does not show mobiles licensed to talk on the output, just the repeater input frequencies for the 2 listed repeaters.
Technically speaking, following the license, mobile to mobile communication must be through the repeater only, as direct communication between mobiles is not licensed.
The db admins should know all of that.

Why is this the only utility system on the state page? Are the rest going to be moved?

nd5y

Read this section of the Admin Handbook, it explains the "why" pretty clearly:
Then why doesn't the databse reflect the admin handbook rules?
There are a lot of multi-county entities on several TX and OK county pages. Probably most other states too.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Then why doesn't the databse reflect the admin handbook rules?
There are a lot of multi-county entities on several TX and OK county pages. Probably most other states too.
Policies can change over the years, and there are hundreds of thousands of entries in the database to manage. Database admins are also human, and things can get overlooked. I'm sorry that we're not all as perfect as you would like us to be. Perhaps you should reach out to @blantonl to have your myriad of gripes with the database and admins addressed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

nd5y

If Lindsay doesn't already care enough about his web site to make the admins to follow policies or make somebody audit the whole database and fix stuff or remove obvious crap then I don't think complaints from users will have any effect.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
If Lindsay doesn't already care enough about his web site to make the admins to follow policies or make somebody audit the whole database and fix stuff or remove obvious crap then I don't think complaints from users will have any effect.
Tom, stop being abrasive and a jerk to our team. It's getting tiresome. We're all trying to play nice here and do the best job that we can.

Your obtuse critical nature at times is irritating. Cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.