wTrunker Bc895 and Pro-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrown2

What I am trying to do:

Use my Pro-90 with wTrunker and soundcard to watch the data channel of the trunk. - Works fine

Use my bc895 with a serial connection to the same pc with wTrunk running to be controled by wTrunk as a voice scanner. - does not work

Here is the trackenv file:
TRACKSCANPORT=COM1
TRACKSCANBAUD=9600
TRACKSCAN=BC895
TRACKSCANPARK=860.2625
TRACKDIGITAL=0
TRACKSLICERMODE=NORMAL
TYPE2LURK=1

Do I need to set the bc895 to RMT? Do I need something else besides the serial cable from com1 to the bc895? Should the bc895 be in trunk mode or manual?

David

SCPD

QRT
dbrown2 said:
Do I need to set the bc895 to RMT?
Yes.
Do I need something else besides the serial cable from com1 to the bc895?
No, just power and serial cable.
Should the bc895 be in trunk mode or manual?
Manual. In trunk mode the radio will leave the control channel to follow a voice call - during which wTrunker loses the signal needed to display trunking information.

dbrown2

Thank you for your help. I got it to work now. I am using TrunkerDM to create the priority for the channels. I updated some of the channels (too many to do right now) and tried to change the priority for two channels that keep showing up in wtrunker as 99. I moved them back down to 55 and move some others up to 70 and up. I exported the files from trunker dm and restarted wtrunker. The colors updated, but the priority is still 99 for these groups.

I can't wait for unittrunker to support the bc895. with it's connection to RR it is very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.