WTWW Rocks This Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

I hear them good here too in Port Mansfield Texas with a indoor magnet vhf/uhf antenna.
Just testing out a shortwave radio is why its on that antenna for now.
kb0vwg
wqyy385

ridgescan

I hear them good here too in Port Mansfield Texas with a indoor magnet vhf/uhf antenna.
Just testing out a shortwave radio is why its on that antenna for now.
kb0vwg
wqyy385
Yeah they have a hellova signal-when they're up. I had them cranked up last night on the SX-88 with the bass-boost on. Fun!

Boombox

Late to the thread here. Still haven't heard WTWW much, and haven't heard the music program yet.

RE: Pastor Pete Peters. Maybe just think of him as a long infomercial that pays for the other programming.

:)

WA8ZTZ

They're back... a ham radio show then the music !

Using the Eton Field tonight, good audio for a portable... bass cranked all the way.

Last edited:

ridgescan

They're back... a ham radio show then the music !

Using the Eton Field tonight, good audio for a portable... bass cranked all the way.
It has been nice to hear 'em again! Been playing lots of classic Country music but I like it too since I was into Country when I was a teen in Illinois as well as rock.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in this thread. I first heard WTWW on a little shortwave receiver using a 5" telescopic antenna about 2 years ago. The first thing I heard when I turned the dial over 5085 was "You Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog" sung by Elvis :D. I couldn't believe that a shortwave station was still playing the good ol' classics from back then! I have been listening ever since almost every night! :D

ridgescan

Hey guys, I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in this thread. I first heard WTWW on a little shortwave receiver using a 5" telescopic antenna about 2 years ago. The first thing I heard when I turned the dial over 5085 was "You Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog" sung by Elvis :D. I couldn't believe that a shortwave station was still playing the good ol' classics from back then! I have been listening ever since almost every night! :D
Good to see another regular listener! Like I said earlier Will, I'm grateful for this shortwave station for two reasons: first, they play all the music I like that literally ZERO local AM/FM stations ever play here in my area. Second, they allow me the opportunity every evening to utilize shortwave as a regular medium in my QTH which for us Americans, is a rarity.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Good to see another regular listener! Like I said earlier Will, I'm grateful for this shortwave station for two reasons: first, they play all the music I like that literally ZERO local AM/FM stations ever play here in my area. Second, they allow me the opportunity every evening to utilize shortwave as a regular medium in my QTH which for us Americans, is a rarity.

Exactly, I agree with you. You just don't hear anyone playing this music anymore. It's really nice to know that I can flip on my TS440s radio and hear the oldies pumping out of the WTWW blowtorch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
WTWW

Hey Gang,
Just stumbled on this thread but have been listening to Ted and his excellent music programs every night for about a month now. Everything about 5085 rocks including the ham radio programming they provide mostly on Wednesday nights. We were closed for the big snow on Wednesday and I just thought I would pop on the R75 and was very surprised to hear 5085 rockin at 10am eastern time. This music and programming continued until 4pm eastern and they were S9+10 all day long.
The organ player on Saturday nights is the Heil mic guy.... Bob Heil K9EID I think is his call. He is pretty darn good if you like organ music..
The best part of SW is listening to stations like this and playing the FT8 mode on ham radio. You don't have to listen to the ham radio at all to make contacts and be listening to great music all the while!!

Good Listening es 73
DE Mike N3OUC

ridgescan

Hey Gang,
Just stumbled on this thread but have been listening to Ted and his excellent music programs every night for about a month now. Everything about 5085 rocks including the ham radio programming they provide mostly on Wednesday nights. We were closed for the big snow on Wednesday and I just thought I would pop on the R75 and was very surprised to hear 5085 rockin at 10am eastern time. This music and programming continued until 4pm eastern and they were S9+10 all day long.
The organ player on Saturday nights is the Heil mic guy.... Bob Heil K9EID I think is his call. He is pretty darn good if you like organ music..
The best part of SW is listening to stations like this and playing the FT8 mode on ham radio. You don't have to listen to the ham radio at all to make contacts and be listening to great music all the while!!

Good Listening es 73
DE Mike N3OUC
Well-said:) 73

Will001

Premium Subscriber
I tried something new tonight... basically while I listened to Ted Randall playing the good ol' oldies, I played my late 60's Fender Mustang bass along with them. I gotta tell y'all, it has been really fun [emoji3]
He was coming in +20 db on my signal meter tonight!

Last edited:

KM4TDM

Will001 introduced me to WTWW a while back! And I listen when I get the chance! It comes in great here in LEXINGTON,SC! Great station! Hope it’ll be around a long time![emoji16][emoji6]

ridgescan

I tried something new tonight... basically while I listened to Ted Randall playing the good ol' oldies, I played my late 60's Fender Mustang bass along with them. I gotta tell y'all, it has been really fun [emoji3]
He was coming in +20 db on my signal meter tonight!

Sounds like fun!

Will001 introduced me to WTWW a while back! And I listen when I get the chance! It comes in great here in LEXINGTON,SC! Great station! Hope it’ll be around a long time![emoji16][emoji6]
I'm with you on that.

swen_out_west

Figured I would bump this thread in case people don't know. I just discovered this station, it is WTWW #3 transmitter. They don't play the evangelical ministries on this one, just the organ playing.

Great station. I am definitely hooked. Strung up a 100' homemade dipole.just to get it coming in good. 60+ all the way into the upper Mojave, it worked.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Figured I would bump this thread in case people don't know. I just discovered this station, it is WTWW #3 transmitter. They don't play the evangelical ministries on this one, just the organ playing.

Great station. I am definitely hooked. Strung up a 100' homemade dipole.just to get it coming in good. 60+ all the way into the upper Mojave, it worked.

What frequencies does transmitter #3 use?

They mention this transmitter on their website but no mention of the frequency or a schedule.

Last edited:
WTWW on the left coast.🎃

The few months, WTWW is very noisy.
I thought is it is just that time of year.
My location is Venture CA.
Yes when I can hear it i leave it on thru the night.
Great long distance monitoring.
Happy listening!🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
DW
So. Cal.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what happened to 9930? This summer I can’t get even a hint of it here in SC

ridgescan

What frequencies does transmitter #3 use?

They mention this transmitter on their website but no mention of the frequency or a schedule.
I get them here from 01-0600UTC which is 6-11PM PST my time. 5085kHz. Occasionally they will knock off earlier than 0600UTC I guess for maintenance.

ridgescan

Wow, you get them way stronger than I do here in San Francisco-they are a consistent s8 to +10 over 9. But reliable enough to enjoy as my music medium every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.