WV P-25 Help and Scanner help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I was just wondering is The WV IRP a manual or auto system? I put the 3 local towers in To my Radio Shack Digital trunk tracker under a talk group. I can't receive anything though. All of the local conventinal channels come in fine. I must be doing something wron with The IRP. Any one who can give me some help I would appreciate it.

Thanks
John
Marshall County Unit 311

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I believe you are talking about the WV SIRN system On a radio shack scanner you need a wildcard setup to id search to get new T/G's Also if i remember right you need to have a custom table setup in the scanner also

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Hi John,

Which Radio Shack scanner are you using? If you are using a PRO-651/652/106/197, you'll need to set the TSYS to 'P25 AUTO' so that the scanner will set the frequency tables from the control channel data. In addition, you only need to use the control channel and alternative control channel frequencies for the tower. Are you using software to program the scanner?

Are you wanting all active talkgroups on a tower, or only certain talkgroups? Setting a wildcard will allow the scanner to pick up all active talkgroups on the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.