WV SIREN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am programing my Whistler hand held scanner. I was just wondering under talk groups do I have to set The WV SIREN to roam or not?

Thanks
John

fredva

Feed Provider
Hello,
I am programing my Whistler hand held scanner. I was just wondering under talk groups do I have to set The WV SIREN to roam or not?

Thanks
John

Are you using the WS-1040? Or some other model? If you are talking about the 1040, you would use Roam if you just want to hear traffic from the tower that has the cleanest signal and you aren't interested in traffic from other towers. Turn Multi-site Off if any one tower within range is fine. Use Stat if you want to hear traffic from multiple towers. For example, if you are within range of towers in two counties and you want to hear the sheriff's departments in both counties using the SIRN system, make sure you have towers from both counties programmed in your scanner and choose the Stat option.

Also the correct acroynym for the system is SIRN.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It's in the TSYS object somewhere. I haven't had a whistler/GRE in a long time. But when I did, I would program it as multisite STAT and I would add the primary/alt control channels for the towers around me. It would scan through the control channels and poll each one long enough to see if there was traffic and then would move on to the next.

Mike

Attachments

• tsys.png
    tsys.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.