WV ST Police in Berkeley County

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM82557

New info on Berkeley County State Police

The Hagerstown, Maryland Morning Herald of 9/8/2006 has an article about coverage problems with Berkeley Counties new system. Among other concerns the Sherrif's Dept said that they had not able to communicate with the WV State Police since May. The article said "An upgrade of the state police detachment's equipment to join the system is about 75 percent complete". Looks like the Martinsburg detachment will be on the WV Interoperability Radio System soon.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
cool. that kinda verifies the traffic I was hearing on TG 1507. it sounded like State Police in a town or city. when they referenced a BOLO from Jefferson County for a car the other day, I knew it was police but just not who/where.

I haven't heard much on that TG but when I do it;s usually during the work week and usually mid-day. I may start leaving my scanner at home and log all activity during the day to see what I have been missing.

atlong

Database Admin
Mike,

Just this afternoon, I nabbed a pretty good confirmation on TG 1507. Still can't firmly ID what the TG is used for but I can say that I did confirm hearing Jefferson County sheriff's units on there. I heard two units chatting about a how one requested a tag listing but never got a reply from the Jefferson County dispatcher. A minute later I heard the same unit on Jefferson Co. Sheriff VHF-hi freq. request a response on his tag request. He was having radio trouble on the VHF rig and apologized if he missed her response, because he was on the new high band radio and may have missed her calling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.