WV State Of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwlyons

Well good white morning folks. It does appear that not all of the idiots have gotten the message.

IT IS SNOWING AND TREACHEROUS

Of course, they are out their playing in the snow for our listening pleasure.

Over 12" on the ground and more coming at a rate greater than 1"/hour.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Yea,I drive a 4 wheel drive but stay off the roads unless it's necessary and I always drive at least 10-15 miles under the speed limit when it gets bad(going to work and back most of the time). I see others drive fast and pass me and lots of time I've seen 'em in a ditch because they were too careless for conditions. Some people never learn when it comes to weather like this.

himelrick

state of emergency

we have alot of out of staters coming thru Pocahontas going to Snowshoe .most of them drive like the roads are bare and it is summertime.have had them pass me in blind turns,no passing lanes,etc . go down the road a mile or two and usually see them in the ditch.if no damage I blow the horn and wave at them and keep going.when I ran on the Fire Dept.there was always call outs for those idiots

dwlyons

A few years back, I saw one of those out-of-towners park his car in a tree, going down Rt 55 toward Moorefield. Not up a tree, not into a tree. Literally parked it in the tree. They were going skiing. He shot off the road and landed in the tree. First words out of their mouths are "I don't know what happen." They had to get a crane to lift it out.

MOTOROLANUT

Driving

Yep, and people wonder how Cheat mountain and Cheat river go there name.....
Many a flatlander trucker looses his brakes due to not using his jake and gearing down.
Halfway down the mountain your brakes are so hot they are smoking......LOL

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I went down Cheat mountain for the first time some years ago,it's about as worse as going down Sandstone mountain(took my deaf wife to Romney to visit her school there)

dwlyons

I can remember travelling Rt 3 from Hinton to Shady Springs when we would go to my grandparents houses. That was a nasty drive going up Hinton Mountain. You could change your tail lights on those curves. That was back pre I-64.

JESSERABBIT

Due to the winter storm that is dropping deep snow across West Virginia, forcing some roadways to close,stranding motorists and leaving some West Virginians without power, Gov.Joe Manchin has declared a State of Emergency and authorized the National Guard to assist with snow removal and emergency assistance and operations. The Governor also ordered the implementation of the state's Emergency Operations Plan and activation Emergency Operations Center. The state of emergency allows the governor to direct special resources to the affected areas that would otherwise not be available. The state of emergency remains in effect for 30 days unless extended or rescended by another proclamation by the governor.

Last edited:

himelrick

state of emergency

I have to go across Cheat mtn. twice a day for my job.I live in Pocahontas co. and work in Randolph co.its a whole different world up there sometimes

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
McGuire Mountain

I can remember travelling Rt 3 from Hinton to Shady Springs when we would go to my grandparents houses. That was a nasty drive going up Hinton Mountain. You could change your tail lights on those curves. That was back pre I-64.

There is a mountain over this way called McGuire Mountain that has two of those "change your tail light" curves in it. It is a 6% grade for 2 and a half miles. Many a truck driver over the years has slammed into the custard stand dairy bar at the bottom and a few has just went over the hill.

himelrick

state of emergency

I go over that way to summersville. I agree that is some turn.I have wondered if any accidents have happened with out of area truckers coming down,and getting a big surprise when they get to that turn.Cheat mtn. seems to get more than its fair share of truck accidents.

dwlyons

Due to the winter storm that is dropping deep snow across West Virginia, forcing some roadways to close,stranding motorists and leaving some West Virginians without power, Gov.Joe Manchin has declared a State of Emergency and authorized the National Guard to assist with snow removal and emergency assistance and operations. The Governor also ordered the implementation of the state's Emergency Operations Plan and activation Emergency Operations Center. The state of emergency allows the governor to direct special resources to the affected areas that would otherwise not be available. The state of emergency remains in effect for 30 days unless extended or rescended by another proclamation by the governor.

Ok, That's WV. Now what about the eastern panhandle?

Status
Not open for further replies.