WV State Police - Newly Identified Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTOROLANUT

Wvsp

Well Harrison county got the Huge Homeland Security Grant so they broke the bank putting up towers,repeaters, buying Motorola XTS5000 portables, and Motorola XTL5000 mobiles and new dispatch equipment out the wazoo!! The WVSP had to purchase the P-25 stuff in order to communicate with the county. The system works ok, Being in public safety I am still not a huge fan of the system. Low Band is simulcast for now but will be phased out.
and is already removed from some of the counties cars. All I will say is the Motorola dealer in that region is now a very RICH man!!

w4rez

Look on the bright side: Soon you will have truckloads of cheap low band (and perhaps high band as well) equipment available through surplus. The same thing is happening here in NC where they're moving toward a statewide trunked system.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
I knew you'd ask that ;^) I don't remember the equipment manufacturer's name. Anyone?

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
The Scandanavian (Swedish?) company that supplies DPS's mid-band remote base equipment. I can see the rigs in my head, but can't read the brand name ;^)

MOTOROLANUT

Name

Ericsson, Ge, Tyco were all the same radios, just the company was sold from one to another over the past few years. So I would guess Ericsson or could by E F Johnson, they are competeing for motorola P-25 contracts as well as Thales too.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure it's not Ericsson. As I recall, it was a lesser known company. I'll try to swing by and ask the SP guys down here.

...R

wb8oif

Hmm, maybe Microlab Systems AB, I hear they make a P5 radio (don't know for sure)?
I think there used to be a Luxor and Salora, but not sure they even exist now. I see a company called Sveasoft...
Any of these the one?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
wb8oif said:
Hmm, maybe Microlab Systems AB, I hear they make a P5 radio (don't know for sure)?
I think there used to be a Luxor and Salora, but not sure they even exist now. I see a company called Sveasoft...
Any of these the one?

Sveasoft is a company that makes firmware for Linksys (and I think other brands) wireless routers for computers

Status
Not open for further replies.