WV Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to the WV Turnpike for a pretty good while now, and just recently I've noticed that 155.4300 sounds a little different than it has in the past as far as clarity goes. It almost sounds as if they had recently started using the WVIRP full-time and that VHF is now just a patch. Just curious if you Beckley and Charleston listeners have noticed this with the VHF side as well and if/or there is a conformation of the transition to the trunked system?

I can't receive the WVIRP from here so I'm just listening to them on 155.4300.

Chad

wvscanner

Database Admin
It is simucast on there. From what UT shows the dispatchers on the IRP while several other units are on there as well they are still some that is still using vhf.

wvscanner

Database Admin
If the unit is talking on the IRP it is ok, if they are talking on the uhf sometimes they get cut off or sound strange.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
If the unit is talking on the IRP it is ok, if they are talking on the uhf sometimes they get cut off or sound strange.

Yeah I noticed a couple hours ago that a couple of units just garbled up so bad that I couldn't understand them. Also are they now using the Ansted site as well? I thought I got a 9344 hit from Ansted.

Chad

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I just happened to look down at my 96 and saw the talkgroup but I didn't hear anything. I'm too far out to hear any WVIRP from here. Sometimes my BCT7 will pickup some "motorboating" but until they get the Webster Site up I won't be hearing much digital traffic from here.

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.