WVDOT Courtesy Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Anyone know the frequencies used for the WVDOT Courtesy Patrol vehicles used on I-64 in the Huntington / Charleston area? Perhaps on WVSIRN Traffic Management talkgroup?

Thanks in advance.

kyguy

I don't know about now, but 2 years ago when I talked to a couple of them they had a radio in the trucks that went to the dept. of highways garage for what district they were working in - but they said they are required to use cell phone to call the Beckley office with all traffic they handle. They are a contract outfit for the DOH.
Like I said that was 2years ago - things could have changed by now !!

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone know the frequencies used for the WVDOT Courtesy Patrol vehicles used on I-64 in the Huntington / Charleston area? Perhaps on WVSIRN Traffic Management talkgroup?

Thanks in advance.

Courtesy Patrol does not use radios. They are called out by cell phones. I have heard agencies ask Metro to radio them and they say they can not communicate with them. I once called the DOH and they said that they were called out from down in the Logan area.

wvscanner

Database Admin
They are 2 different agency when it comes to the Courtesy Patrol. Sorry don't know much of the details. I think one works with the Turnpike and the other totally separately from each office is down in Wyoming County.

Status
Not open for further replies.