Wvirp

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Is there any one in Wheeling monitoring the West Virginia Interoperability Radio Project (WVIRP) for any new activity? I am looking for the State Police in Ohio County. Only time they seem to be heard is when they step down to the city or counties talk around or conventional frequency. What gives? There is nothing posted for the Wheeling or Moundsville Troop on the WVIRP. And also nothing posed in the RR conventional system as well.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Is there any one in Wheeling monitoring the West Virginia Interoperability Radio Project (WVIRP) for any new activity? I am looking for the State Police in Ohio County. Only time they seem to be heard is when they step down to the city or counties talk around or conventional frequency. What gives? There is nothing posted for the Wheeling or Moundsville Troop on the WVIRP. And also nothing posed in the RR conventional system as well.

If you find info that is applicable, please submit it to the database. For the WVSP, please see the State Police conventional section, State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference .

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Been there done that...

Have already checked this page out. "http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2055" Conventional Frequencies. There is some traffic on the 42.020 but not enough to even think that the SP are using this for normal day to day traffic. There has got to be something else going on here...
This is why I asked if there was anyone in Wheeling paying any attention to the system on a daily basis.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hancock / Brooke are definitely active on VHF-LO and communicate with the Moundsville post.

WVSP Troop 1
============
42.02 PL 173.8 Chester (Hancock) base and Moundsville base
42.10 PL 167.9
45.34 PL 173.8 Brooke/Hancock mobiles
453.400 PL 167.9 (retransmit 45.34 mobiles down to Moundsville)
458.400 PL ????? (retransmit moundsville base up to Brooke/Hancock)

I hear everything from Hancock/Brooke on 42.02/45.34 + 453.400

At least when moundsville post is talking to troopers in Hancock / Brooke, they are using 42.02 PL 173.8. they may use some other PL when talking to others, I don't know.

I can't say that I've ever heard mobiles in Wheeling on low band, and I know that's what you asked about. But I'm too far away to reliably hear mobiles if they were on low band down in Wheeling area.

Imagine they are probably on WVIRP or perhaps on Ohio Co Public Safety trunked system or Wheeling trunked.

Mike

PS: I just verified Moundsville 42.02 PL 173.8 / Hancock-Brooke mobiles 45.34 PL 173.8 and the RF link retransmitting the Brooke/Hancock mobiles down to Moundsville on 453.400 PL 167.9

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
This is why I asked if there was anyone in Wheeling paying any attention to the system on a daily basis.

Sorry I tried to help you out.

wv_mountaineer said:
And also nothing posed in the RR conventional system as well.

This statement is why I pointed you to the RR conventional. There are listings for the requested area for WVSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.