WX alert this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDawg

Had my BCT15X on this morning, volume down, when all of a sudden about 10 AM, a godawful siren erupts from it. Scared the hell out of my cats.

Never heard or paid attention to the Uniden WX alert thing before. No control over volume it seems. Red light on the fron panel to go with it.

Anyone else get a blast? A check with NOAA radio and website had nothing going on. A software glitch maybe. Looking into disabling the thing.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Wednesdays at 10:00 is the standard time for the weekly test of the alerting system. Sounds like your radio is operating just fine.

DeDawg

Ah, so!

I did not know that, rarely have a radio on at that time. Have tried rearranging WX channels alerts to avoid the blaring cat alarm.

Now I know to use it to verify my setting.

himages

your WX alert just works fine............I think it sounded EARLY due to the pending and future arrival of Hurricane Douglas.....I still wonder IF the mayors of all islands will activate the EBS system and blast the CD/ EAS sirens islandwide when Douglas makes landfall.....hell supposed to happen in 24 hours from now (7am HST).

OK956

If you're a weather nerd like I am then check out the Midland WR400 weather radio. It's a very cool NOAA alert radio I've been very happy with. Even has Iceberg Warning! Lol.

I'm in Oklahoma so if that tone ever goes off things have gone horribly wrong in this world. However the way 2020 is going a Midwest Iceberg warning could be entirely possible at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.