SDS100/SDS200: wx alert won't resume scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodakney

after a weather alert siren triggers from NWS, the alert message keeps repeating(as it should) and my issue is:
1. I would like to have the scanner resume scanning after a certain time period. It's a pain to have to track down the scanner and get it to scan again(laying in bed, for example). You can only listen to the weather message so many times!
2. Next problem is when I press the upper left key to return to scanning it starts asking me for "direct input", a shortcut I assume. The only way I can get back to scanning, most of the time, is to restart the radio, which I would like to avoid. Am I doing something wrong?

sodakney

I have a GRE600 that has it figured out and I wish the SDS100 could do the same.

sodakney

I seem to have stumped the technicians regarding this issue on the SDS100. Anyone have an idea?

Eng74

If you want it to return to the alert mode it should be the right soft key, It should be on HOLD the press it and it when it has RESUME. That should mute it until the next weather alert.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have a WX receiver that opens when an alert tone is received. It plays the message. After the message the WX station transmits another tone which silences the radio. I have never seen a scanner that will work this way.

sodakney

I guess my local weather station must not send the "silence" tone which resumes scanning, or the SDS100 doesn't decode it properly. I'm not always sitting beside the radio, so pressing the soft key is not an option.
I'm still looking for an answer. Thanks for your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.