wx on BCD396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

garsik

I don't seem to be getting weather channels correctly from the keyboard. I press "function" and "wx" and nothing happens. The function key works for other things and I can get weather from the menu. Do I need to set something up to make the key combination work in the way I expected?

Jakemcgraw

I don't seem to be getting weather channels correctly from the keyboard. I press "function" and "wx" and nothing happens. The function key works for other things and I can get weather from the menu. Do I need to set something up to make the key combination work in the way I expected?
Not sure if the 396xt works the same as the 346xt for the weather, But try while scanning..Press the HOLD key first, then Press the FUNC key, and lastly press and hold down the key that would be the Weather key for a few seconds until the weather appears on the display.

Last edited:

kb8rvp

If you press hold and then press func and then the WX (0) on the keypad that will toggel the weather priority on and off.

To listen to weather and to scan the weather freq's in your area:

Press the menu button and then turn the dial to get to WX Operations and then press down on the dial. Press down again on the dial to select Weather Scan and you should be able to pick up your local NOAA weather for your area. When done press the scan button to go back to scanning.

Mike

Jakemcgraw

If you press hold and then press func and then the WX (0) on the keypad that will toggel the weather priority on and off.

To listen to weather and to scan the weather freq's in your area:

Press the menu button and then turn the dial to get to WX Operations and then press down on the dial. Press down again on the dial to select Weather Scan and you should be able to pick up your local NOAA weather for your area. When done press the scan button to go back to scanning.

Mike
You are correct about the weather priority, But also if you press HOLD key, then press FUNC key, and lastly press Weather (0) key and hold it down a few seconds instead of press and release, that will take you to the weather scan too.

XTS3000

You are correct about the weather priority, But also if you press HOLD key, then press FUNC key, and lastly press Weather (0) key and hold it down a few seconds instead of press and release, that will take you to the weather scan too.

Jake is correct. One more thing to add though...

Once in WX scan mode (as Jake mentioned above) press the Func, then (0) to go to the WX alert screen - for SAME or Tone alert mode.

An interesting fact: the 396XT does recognize WX EOM (End Of Message). Very few dedicated WX receivers recognize EOM. Gotta give Uniden credit for doing it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.