WyoLink in Riverton / Fremont County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

I will be traveling to Riverton in Fremont County.

I'm hoping that somebody can tell me which WyoLink site(s) I need to program for the area. Do I just need to program site 1024? Which site do I need to program that contains the control channel for site 1024?

Thank you for any input.

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
Trip programming

You can program the site in if you want to, but the system is scheduled to go online in phases starting in SE corner and gradually moving north then west. As of right now the system is not up yet in Cheyenne. There are several towers running but no data according to the PRO96.

Sac916

kd7gxu said:
You can program the site in if you want to, but the system is scheduled to go online in phases starting in SE corner and gradually moving north then west. As of right now the system is not up yet in Cheyenne. There are several towers running but no data according to the PRO96.

Okay, thanks - I guess that explains the lack of Talk Group data.
Then my next question is,

Where can I find public safety frequencies for Fremont County and Riverton,WY ?

I'm not from the area, so my geographic knowledge is limited and I'm unsure what data would be accurate.

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
Freqs for Fremont county

http://www.scanwyoming.vcn.com/Fremont.html

This site hasn't been updated for a while, but was a very good site. Most public service will be 154 - 156 mhz, with some 162-174 for the Wind River Indian Reservation. If you get any confirmed freqs and tones please post them on the RR database.

There is lots to see there in the Wind River Mountain Range so make sure you have your camera as well as your scanner :)

Have a great trip!

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
You might also check out this site:

http://www.cityfreq.com/wy/

Between Lightening Leo's site and this one you should be able to load up your scanner with plenty of freqs. {GRIN!} (Since we have been planning to eventually move back up to Wyoming I've been using both of these sites to load up my scanners and have had fairly reasonable results the majority of the time. On the few occasions I had any `problems' I was able to work out / find what I was looking for by using both the info I had gotten off of the sites and a bit of searching after we had gotten `settled into' our motel room the first day.)

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth. {VB GRIN!}

Status
Not open for further replies.