WYOLink NAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0WRE

Good morning,
I am looking for information as to if anyone has a NAC list for WYOlink? Would be looking for Laramie County in particular.

Thanks

Spud

NAC question

What would be the reason for using NAC (the P25 version of CTCSS) on a scanner when you already programmed the TGs that you want to hear?

No big concern, just wondering about it...
I always have a desire to be confused at a higher level!

Thanks,

The Spud

N0WRE

Didn't say I was programming a scanner. Programming an XTS5000 for monitoring WYOLink for Laramie County along with WYDOT and WHP.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Many different ways to use the NAC's from each Wyolink sites.

Say if the user was scanning in conventional mode logging NAC's from any frequencies range.
If the user found a NAC from a Wyolink site. He would have a idea what site it would be coming from.
Since he might hear the voice freqs not the control channel from a long distance.

Each site will have a NAC listed under the site info. If it's listed in the database.
WyoLink: Statewide Interoperability Matrix Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

It's a little easier on Motorola type II systems. Since the NAC comes from the System ID & Connect Tone.
The system must have digital talkgroups on it.
Motorola - The RadioReference Wiki

We talked about it on this thread for another system. ways to use NAC's http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/229900-fleetnet-zone-1-nacs.html

N0WRE

NAC sits in Laramie county are listed as N/A for the WYOLink data, Suggestions? Is there a wildcard NAC setting that can be used along with the talkgroups put in?

Thanks

wyomingmedic

Are you attempting to get it truly on the system, or do you just want to use the individual channels to scan the voice frequencies for a specific TG?

If you are doing the latter, try using NAC of 293. It is the defacto NAC when first programming and something in my brain wants me to say that it is like CSQ. You can also try 65534. When I used my XTS radios in this fashion, one of those worked. I just cant remember which. Remember to set your scan hold time to ZERO and it actually does a good job of following stuff.

If you are trying to get affiliated with the system, I won't be of much help.

WM

N0WRE

No not trying to get on to the system Just have a radio that I would like to monitor WYOLink on. The one I have for work they wont let me take home. Plus it a pain having to switch systems when they page on conventional and then switch to WYOlink for the details.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Just leave it as digital CSQ/NAC 293. It won't make any difference as its univeral thoughout the system as it is also derived from the system ID/connect tone.

Don't make it any harder than it needs to be.

You can use the XTS as a scanner, but a scanner is much easier than a non-affilating radio...especially with Albany County traffic received in Cheyenne routinely (unless using the TG method).

Same answer applies to the same question you asked in the Colorado fourms for NAC, which raises my curosity since CO is 800MHz Phase 1...vs Wyoming VHF Phase 1 (or the Cheyenne 800Mhz Phase 1 site).

Last edited:

N0WRE

PJH,

Must have missed something here, You mentioned the "(unless using the TG method)." is this the hidden talkgroup method everyone is talking about or is it something different entirely?

Drop me line and let me know please.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.