WyoLink Site Denials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9LMJ

We are planning a trip from Denver to Yellowstone later this fall and I will be taking my Unication G5 V/7/8. On Colorado's DTRS system, there are several sites that overlap and to manage radio traffic, several overlapping sites have talkgroup (TG) denials, especially in the Denver area. This makes programming the Unication very challenging, as you need to figure out what sites carry what talkgroups, and if you get if wrong, you'll be denied and the Unication will fall silent.

Does the WyoLink system have TG denials anywhere along the Cheyenne to Moran travel route? I am mainly looking to listen to WSP, WYDOT, and local PD and fire for the areas I am travelling through/staying. I hope to be able to program all of the appropriate control channels, then use the wildcard "FF" for the site ID and RFSS ID so as I travel, the Unication will simply pick the next strongest control channel and my programmed TGs will follow me automatically. I'll then build a couple of conventional banks for YNP and any others off the DTRS system.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.