Wyoming BLM changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar412

Premium Subscriber
split between Berkeley Springs, WV & Wyoming
After searching and wondering about the changes that many have known we're coming eventually for Wyoming BLM, I believe they are starting to implement their new repeater pairs. I am normally in Wyoming from May until October in several locales and have been searching consistently the past several years for any changes. This year significantly I noted hearing no BLM Traffic on any of the old pairs thus far, so I intensified my search in the federal range and while staying in Shoshoni for several weeks I believe I finally hit on several new outputs. I was able to confirm for sure that 172.775 is the new repeater output for the Copper Mountain repeater used by BLM. It has the typical BLM characteristic of no PL on the output. I heard several different pieces of routine traffic with Cody dispatch communicating with field units. I'll submit this change to the database. On a second frequency of 171.775 I was able to hear several pieces of traffic including aircraft talking to Casper dispatch and today the routine fire weather forecast also given by Casper however I was not able to identify a specific site yet that they were operating on this on. This frequency also had the typical characteristic of no PL on the output. I've not been able to identify any input frequency as of yet.

tyytor

After searching and wondering about the changes that many have known we're coming eventually for Wyoming BLM, I believe they are starting to implement their new repeater pairs. I am normally in Wyoming from May until October in several locales and have been searching consistently the past several years for any changes. This year significantly I noted hearing no BLM Traffic on any of the old pairs thus far, so I intensified my search in the federal range and while staying in Shoshoni for several weeks I believe I finally hit on several new outputs. I was able to confirm for sure that 172.775 is the new repeater output for the Copper Mountain repeater used by BLM. It has the typical BLM characteristic of no PL on the output. I heard several different pieces of routine traffic with Cody dispatch communicating with field units. I'll submit this change to the database. On a second frequency of 171.775 I was able to hear several pieces of traffic including aircraft talking to Casper dispatch and today the routine fire weather forecast also given by Casper however I was not able to identify a specific site yet that they were operating on this on. This frequency also had the typical characteristic of no PL on the output. I've not been able to identify any input frequency as of yet.
Hi is this the rumor that the may change the repeaters out put for the input, and the input for output, keep input tone?
Maybe they finally got it going, If not I have one scanner on the upper vhf federal portion all the time, minus the wyolink exceptions of course, please keep us posted.

tyytor

Thus far they are all brand new pairs. The old frequencies have not been reused. Check the WY Fed page for the confirmed pairs for the Cody, Lander, & Casper field offices.
Ok thanks, a new twist, as you may know casper covers the old Rawlins dispatch and casper dispatch areas, we have a office here in Cheyenne but they use the Lincoln head (Laramie), is there a source of theses new pairs after 2019 it has been skimpy finding info, thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.