Wyoming county wv irp

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening to the Wyoming county sheriff and many times now they say they are going to IRP . I have now for years been listening to them with no problem. But here lately when they say they are going to IRP I have not been picking up everything as I had before. I still pick them up on IRP but not all the time like I use to. So , here is my question. Have they gotten some new IRP frequencies?? I have an outdoor scanner antenna. Also a preamp that has adjustable gain. I use the pre amp because I have about 70 foot of line. I am using the best coax with the lowest line loss. I have three scanners going at the same time. The pro-197 and the whistler trx-1 and the Bearcat 396xt . Sorry to be so long on explaining this but I tried to cover all bases to give you guys an idea of my set up.. This site and you guys are the best. You all have been vey nice to this old man and I don't know what I would do without your help. Thanks and have a blessed day...

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok, to start off with, you do have the CC & Alt CC's to the closes WVIRP tower to you right? Do you have a Wildcard TG set to that tower? They may have went to a different TG you never know. Try out my suggestions and let me know. I will help you anyway I can.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
All I have done is downloaded everything from radio reference using the software as the software downloaded it. Yes I do have a wild card set . So far no luck. Also something I had found out is that when the police are down next to the Wyoming , Mingo County area That the Mountain View repeater that is on top of Horsepen Mountain is transmitting their signal. I will double check everything as you had said and if I can fin anything I will post it as I has just done on the Mountain View repeater transmitting their frequencies. Thank you Bubba, you and all others here are a great help. Have a blessed day and thanks a bunch..

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Forgive the typo. I have low sugar and sometimes it affects me.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I've found the system to be fairly spotty in the eastern part of the state on my WVQP route between Lewisburg & Elkins--particularly between Valley Head & Beverly along 250/219, and that who 92 corridor from 250 to 39.

I've also found that some CC's cover VERY little territory along the roads, in fact I think it took 3 or 4 sites to cover Greenbrier Co., and that's one of the better-working areas. If you're not getting all the CC's you think you should, try the search mode and make it wide. These guys are definitely not sticking with 453-454 and 460-460.65 as CC ranges. Definitely not shooting fish in a barrel. And don't feel bad. I have to do this with STARS here in VA as well.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if they are not sticking with the cc frequencies or if they have added or changed their group i.d. if it would be on the FCC database?

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Where else could a person find this information with out searching and waiting to find it on the scanner? I have not found it on the scanner yet. I have only been searching for about two days now. I have been in hospital and had not had time to search any more than the two days . They still use the system as it is here on this site but there are times I don't hear them when they go IRP . I have their private , their regular and their 911 IRP programed into my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.