Wyoming HP AXO Tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0WRE

Morning all,

Was downloading the talk groups for WHP and noticed a AXO tag for Cheyenne, can someone clarify this as I didn't see an X for counties.

Thanks

Peter

whp3310

My reasoning For AXO listing,

A-Patrol Division

X-Executive Detail (For Govenor)

O-Dispatch Operations

This is my take on the meaning, but a very good question that should get more responses down the road.

mtnfireguy

It means that talkgroup provides coverage for

Division A
Division O
Division X

Divison A is the Patrol Division for Laramie County

The others are the Captiol Security and Headquarters division's

N0WRE

Thank you all for the information, the reason I asked is I did not see a division X in the list on the web page so I was curious as to the X n the talk-group listing. If its for the executive (governor) listing is it possible to change the web page to add this to the description in the table?

Thanks

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for the information, the reason I asked is I did not see a division X in the list on the web page so I was curious as to the X n the talk-group listing. If its for the executive (governor) listing is it possible to change the web page to add this to the description in the table?

Thanks

Usually what I do, is adjust the id tag in my software for what I want displayed (i.e., instead of "Laramie CAT1, mine says "02 CAT1"). It's my understanding WHP uses the same TG for all of the above and there's not a specific TG for just capitol operations (I may be wrong).

N0WRE

I'm using the ARC96 software to program, I will have to find out how to rename tags. On an off note can you put trunked and conventional in the same bank? I am still playing with the software and want to make sure I can do that for scanning purposes.

hpycmpr

Yes, you can mix any channel/talk group in scan lists. At the worst too many can slow down the scan a bit.

I tend to keep large trunked systems separate from my conventional channels for convenience. Wyolink is a large system for my 500/600 radios. Therefore I break it up into separate TSYS by regions. By keeping the conventionals separate I don't need to repeat them in each scan list.

Steve

Last edited:

mtnfireguy

To Clarify

Division A is the Laramie County Patrol Division
Division X is Headquarters
Division O is Capital Protective Services

They all operate on the same talkgroup, hence the AXO tag

Status
Not open for further replies.