x36 - firmware update process with card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2kth

If using a SD card reader to interface a memory card with Sentinel is it possible to complete a firmware update? Sentinel has dropped the firmware update on to the card in the reader. I'm told to unmount and power on the scanner leaving the USB cable attached. If I install the card into the scanner and power the scanner on with the firmware update from the card without being connected to a computer?

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Have done that with no problems. Make sure you see the drive when you bring up the firmware update. If you don't see the card then go to "Clear user Data" and if you don't see the card while in this notification box check "Display all Drives".

Then try going back to firmware update and try it again.

kc2kth

Thanks! I have the card ready, just not sure what to expect from the scanner when I put that card in and it tries to apply the update. Also curious what the fallback capability of the scanner is. Will a firmware upload failure brick it or would it still be able to attempt the update again?

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I have the card ready, just not sure what to expect from the scanner when I put that card in and it tries to apply the update. Also curious what the fallback capability of the scanner is. Will a firmware upload failure brick it or would it still be able to attempt the update again?

The scanner display will first display that it's updating the firmware. Then the normal startup display will be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.