x36 Quick Key Navigation & xt scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm growing to like the Quick Key navigation scheme for the x36 scanners (as in FF.SS.DD).

How practical would it be to do a firmware update for the xt models using this same method (such as SS.GG)?

I'm not suggesting to replace the current way of doing this on XTs, rather adding a second way of setting System and Group Quick Keys.

My reason is to make it easier for those of us who have both models of scanners such that you don't have to do it one way on one scanner but a different way on another scanner.

JamesO

I second this feature, but I also have a few additional suggestions.

This may carry over to the HP1 as well?

So the firmware upgrade would offer a "choice" to the users to have a HP profile menu or the current XT menu.

This would be kind of like a personality option and by default the menu's would be XT menus.

This allows a transparent firmware upgrade to the XT community while allowing both the XT and HP community an OPTION to choose what works best for their usage.

This would be a win/win for everyone as it would not force the current XT users to change AND if the current XT users switch to the HP menu features, this makes the transition to the HP platform a bit easier and seamless.

Other HP features (or subset or limited features) that could carry back to the XT platform may even be a teaser for the XT users to consider the HP platforms.

I understand it is all economics, however, sometimes you need to look at the much larger picture and try to reward and keep loyal Uniden customers.

XTS3000

x36 Quick Key Navigation & xt scanners

I third this feature. Please!?

Status
Not open for further replies.