X36 units bad clock/calendar settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUGEN

I've programmed about 15 of the 436/536 units. During doing so I've had at least 2 of them give me issues when setting the day on the clock. It goes thru the first few steps and then gets to the day setting and it tells me Invalid Range please press any key to continue. I first thought maybe I was crazy but every single day or number I entered did not let me proceed past this step. I wound up hitting a combination of buttons, I think function and something else and it wound up bypassing the clock.

I was then able to go in and go to the settings menu and set the clock again and this time it worked without issue, it let me put the day of the month in with no problem.

vstream02

I read somewhere the internal backup battery needs 50 hours to "charge up." have you let it do this?

NUGEN

I've had this happen on a handheld and a base unit right out of the box. It has nothing to do with an internal battery, every other piece of information let's me enter it, time zone, hour, minute, month but when it comes to day it gives me the error and I cannot put in any number due to it saying invalid range.

Out of 15 different units from different sources 2 or them had this issue.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
The real time clock backup needs to be charged from the power source, then the error will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.