x36HP & HP1 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

So i have recently had a chance to use my HP1 with GPS on a few trips.Pretty slick operation. But there are some shortfalls in the HP/RR software/description. I am running up and down the North East US and with the smaller state sizes and using the GPS feature there are System descriptors that have no State reference.

This is very difficult for someone not familiar with the area and it makes locking out or understanding where the comms are from rather difficult.

There needs state designator for System either in the RR or Sentinel database. Just the letter state designator in front of the system name would be very helpful. Like NY, NJ, PA, etc.

assume that even Canada could benefit from this as well?

Unlike the center core of the US or West Coast, in the North East part old the US you may have to to 5 states operating at one time even with the distance set to 10 miles.

It would also be helpful to lock out states as well. I live 2 miles from a state line, but if I drive South I want to lock out the state I am next to so I can focus on the state I am driving in.

This pertains to all HP products and a work around is not needed, a simple solution with State designators is needed.

JamesO

Home Patrol Master Database Needs States Added

This message is for Paul and Lindsay.

I cannot believe I am the first person to notice this issue/problem.

I finally had a chance to do some distance driving and used my HP1 with a GPS connected.

What I quickly found out is there were PLENTY of Systems that showed with without any State identification. This is a real issue when driving along State lines as well as driving in multi State areas.

In central Texas or Montana this is probably a non issue and in locations where there are HUGE counties that go on for miles and miles, but in other areas of the country System names show up only as Counties, Cities or Boroughs and unless you are intimately familiar with the area you have NO IDEA what State you are monitoring.

I see the need for the State ID to precede the System name at least for the Uniden Master Database. This would make the usefulness of the HP products far better for the end user, allowing then to quickly lock out, skip or include a specific System in a neighboring State.

This seems to be a key feature/option that was left out of the HP Master Database and I also believe it could and should be included in the RR database fields as an option.

Would like to hear from Paul and others regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.